What's your response to this? (Read 775 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I own 23 versions of this- multiple CDs,gold, remastered, box sets,imports from all overthe world,vinyl, original pressing vinyl complete with poster and stickers!!, clear vinyl from Japan, etc
    Sounds like we know where zoomie can get a copy! Wink

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

colinw

Sounds like we know where zoomie can get a copy! Wink
      No chance, no way I am parting with any of 'em Tongue

5k PR - 26:27 | 10k PR - ??? | HM PR - 2:09:14

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I like the Syd Barrett stuff better though. KIDDING! Calm down, globule.
        You know my thoughts on Syd but we do have his insanity to thank as an inspiration for this album!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

C-R

Not bad for a bunch of drop out architects. That movie still befuddles me but the music harkens to days of lore. Confused

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Big grin
              Scott, love that last one. Big grin

Amy

We aren't in Kansas anymore.
                This response didn't get the recognition it deserved. C'mon guys, this was funny. Smile

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

The best album ever recorded.
                  all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                    Pink Floyd was at its peak in the 1970s starting with Meddle, then Dark Side, then Wish You Were Here, then Animals, closing out 1979 with the Wall, not to mention a couple of unqiue Soundtracks. An amazing span of releases in about 8-9 years. Some people hate Pink Floyd, but you really need to listen through their catalog a few times to understand and appreciate it. You absolutely do NOT have to indulge in any sort of alcohol or checmical mind altering substances to enjoy and appreciate the music or the genious it is.
                    Atom Hearted Mother (the one with the cows on the cover) - vinyl, no CD Find a turntable Place headphones on head Place side A on turntable Place needle on record Listen...

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

This response didn't get the recognition it deserved. C'mon guys, this was funny. Smile
                      Good point. The whole synchronicity thing. (Anyone actually done it? I've read about it but never tried it. Need to get me a copy of Oz.)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Pink Floyd was at its peak in the 1970s starting with Meddle, then Dark Side, then Wish You Were Here, then Animals, closing out 1979 with the Wall, not to mention a couple of unqiue Soundtracks.
                        Yep. The only other similar streak of all-killer no-filler over such a relatively short times span was the Beatles starting with Rubber Soul on through Abbey Road (1965-1969). Speaking of Meddle, just as I was starting my drive home Friday, "Echoes" shuffled up on my iPod. I was tempted to take the long way home just to hear all 25 minutes. I remember introducing this track to a buddy who was a pretty decent Floyd fan, and he said, "Good God, I don't know how I lived without this."

Good point. The whole synchronicity thing. (Anyone actually done it? I've read about it but never tried it. Need to get me a copy of Oz.)
                          Search Google videos...

Vim

kcam

Yep. The only other similar streak of all-killer no-filler over such a relatively short times span was the Beatles starting with Rubber Soul on through Abbey Road (1965-1969). Speaking of Meddle, just as I was starting my drive home Friday, "Echoes" shuffled up on my iPod. I was tempted to take the long way home just to hear all 25 minutes. I remember introducing this track to a buddy who was a pretty decent Floyd fan, and he said, "Good God, I don't know how I lived without this."
                            Unfortunately, I gotta disagree. Out of that sequence of albums the only one that I really liked (and I have to agree that it is one of the best if not the best album of all time) is Dark Side of the Moon. Meddle was good but a little weird, and Animals was a flipping joke - I was so excited when it came out and then I was so let down when I listened to it. I like it even less than the Wall if that's possible. The Wall is a piece of shit, of course I have it on vinyl and CD. My not-so-humble-opinion. Flame Suit - ON

The Greatest of All Time

Since Floyd is my all time number one band, and I am a long-time guitar player and occasional song writer I will throw my $.02 in here. Caveat: most of the following will be based on a musician listening to Floyd as opposed to a non-musician. Dark Side of the Moon: Best overall Floyd album. But a lot of the genius behind that album came from producer Alan Parsons. Take it from someone that's recorded a studio CD, engineers and producers are indispensable and can make or break a record. You would be surprised at how much work goes into just mixing properly. And the mix of Dark Side had to have been a daunting task. Animals: Overlooked album, but great in my opinion. In fact, it’s my 2nd favorite Floyd album. The guitar work and musical spacing was incredible. Wish You Were Here: Third favorite. Not much fancy guitar playing on this album but the synth work was the gem, especially the last three parts of Shine on. Meddle: 4th favorite. The front side was, eh. However, the second side or Echoes really showed where the band was moving to musically and I can easily see the overall genesis of Dark Side in this track. The Wall: 5th favorite. Although heavily Waters influenced it's a brilliant piece of music. Dave's solos on Comfortably Numb are still timeless and his use of dual delays on the intro of Run Like Hell was genius. Atom Heart Mother: 6th favorite. Someone was brought in to write the horn arrangement for the Atom Heart Mother suite. That whole track is great. If was about as close to a love song ever recorded by Floyd. Alan's psychedelic breakfast was rubbish. The rest of the stuff like Ummagumma, Obscured by Clouds, etc to me is not greatly listenable. They were just experimenting and Gilmour says it was all rubbish. I tend to agree. The Syd era stuff was ok. Some of the early pop songs like Arnold Layne or See Emily Play were nice for the time but clearly not indicative of where the band would end up some years later. I do love Astronomy Domine though. I love playing that one on my guitar because it always sounds good. The intro riff to Lucifer Sam was also pretty cool. BTW, I have all Floyd albums on vinyl.
                              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Unfortunately, I gotta disagree. Out of that sequence of albums the only one that I really liked (and I have to agree that it is one of the best if not the best album of all time) is Dark Side of the Moon. Meddle was good but a little weird, and Animals was a flipping joke - I was so excited when it came out and then I was so let down when I listened to it. I like it even less than the Wall if that's possible. The Wall is a piece of shit, of course I have it on vinyl and CD. My not-so-humble-opinion.
                                I'm not a fan of Animals, but I do like The Wall. But I have to be in a certain mood (nihilistic and self-loathing, typically) to listen to it. I can listen to Dark Side and Wish You Were Here anytime.