Endurance of the equine variety (Read 191 times)

That ride and tie sounds like so much fun! I would love to do something like that.

Aw, I miss riding. I had to stop riding a few years ago for financial and time reasons, but if I had the $$$'s I would go back to it in a heartbeat. Running helped me become a better rider, as it strengthened my core which is so important for dressage. I'm not sure that riding did much for my running though. Honestly, I almost prefer just hanging out with the horses to riding! I live in the middle of a big city, and going out to the barn was such a great, relaxing escape.

Rocky II, if you are in the west, you might be able to find a ride and tie mentor, as the sport's very popular out that way...check http://www.rideandtie.org/mentor.html You can definitely get a lot of conditioning done if your daughter can ride while you run!

Harriet, I know what you mean-there are days I go to the barn just to hang out with and groom my mare - we board next to a state forest and I see all kinds of critters while I'm there - deer, bald eagles, scrub jays, pileated woodpeckers, coyotes, bear, bobcats, snakes, and gators. It's so nice to be away from people and traffic Smile

Ultra Cowboy

P-T, I've been on the website.

I have 5 events close enough to me to do.  I have 3 potential partners.

I scheduled my 50k so I would have my spring and summer open to do an r-t.

I may need to just up and do the May 11 Cache creek event.

Branded by the land, Befriended by the wind. You may never pass this way again.  Brenn Hill (new sig 9/25/2015)