AWEIGH WE-Go 12/24 - 12/29 (Read 885 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, guys! Dont' go making your own group - instead, come join us over at the Jiggly Joggers group! http://www.runningahead.com/groups/jiggly_joggers/ Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

thanks for the info Trent. We are always open to anyone that wants to join in. The more the merrier as the saying goes....
      You are most welcome, and thanks for the invite. Again, you may also check out the groups feature so that you can have your own dedicated "place" on RA to be a community. Or join in on JJ, per Wingz' suggestion Wink
      pandajenn19

*waves* I think I found you guys. Smile This is much, much better. I am cool with us doing a group, or whatever you guys want (considering how sporadic I am, I am completely content going along.) But, as cute as it probably seems to some, there is absolutely no way that I could ever post to a group called jiggly joggers. I am so, so sorry if that sounds mean. But I just could not ever call myself that, especially since I am working so hard right now to stop any kind of negative self-talk. Did you guys see my last post about the 10 miler I did this weekend? 17 degrees with wind gusting to 30mph, steady at 20mph. The roads were completely covered with snow over a layer of ice (rural farm country, no salt and the plows just scrape off the top at best), but I got it done with the help of my yaktrax. Smile It was one of the best runs I have ever had, not because it was pleasant or because I was fast, but because I stuck with it.
          Great job Pandajenn!!! I did see that you did that and I just sat there... Shocked totally impressed!!! Way to go. I guess I don't feel the need to join a group or create our own...I like just being able to post in the discussions. But it's up to you guys. I'll go wherever too.
            Hi everyone! Thanks for making the switch! I had a great Christmas but am still feeling like poop! I promise to get back to the gym tomorrow and post more often. BBL Sarah
            Pain is temporary, Quitting lasts forever!

Along for the Ride

Hello to all CC-ers! Welcome to RA. I would also like to extend the invitation to the Jiggly Joggers board. Pandajenn - I read your post and just wanted to let you and all others know that the name of the group is not negative or derogatory at all. Come check it out! We have seasonal challenges, post our weight progress. There are a ton of resources and a variety of links available centered around weight loss. And of course the forum - lots of encouragement, discussions, humor and venting (if needed Wink). There is a daily calorie counting thread and the new year will see an additional food log. ... Lots of good things to reach your goals. Again, welcome to RA!

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

pandajenn19

Thanks Runnergabe. Smile I truly mean no offense by my statement, but it's just the way I feel. I'm sure the forum is great, but I know myself well enough to know that the name is a deal breaker for me. That's not to say that all my friends here won't join you! I just wanted to let them know that I cannot come along for the ride in that case, although again, I am sure your group is perfectly welcoming and helpful to its members.
                msl

Hey Guys! Its me, Michelle!!! Found you! Mary how cool you got a 305 also! Hi to everyone else. I like it here already.
                  pandajenn19

Ok, so Mary and Michelle both got 305s? That was my xmas gift last year, and I am still completely infatuated with it. Big grin I use it for cycling, too, since I don't have anything on my bike to calculate speed and mileage. Why bother when I already have the 305? Smile Anyone else in the group have one?

Maggie & Molly

Jenn ~~ Nice job on the long run this weekend in that cold Big grin Sarah ~~ I really hope that you feel better soon. Michelle ~~ Hey there. I went over to Jiggly Joggers. They have a whole list of things that they are doing - pretty cool. Anyway, I'll go wherever this group goes but may stop by JJ's too!! Smile well, two rooms cleaned and back to normal. Now if I can just get my kitchen done I'll be happy.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Maggie & Molly

well now, I guess I just have to talk to myself Roll eyes..... I finished all my cleaning and my house is totally clean!!!Well as clean as it can be with three dogs roaming about. I think the fur drops off them the minute I vacuum. Doesn't matter, they are my babies. I do love the clean house after the absolute craziness that was yesterday. The In-laws are coming over in a bit for leftovers - then it's a shower and bed. Back to work tomorrow. ok, I think I'm rambling..... See ya tomorrow.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

msl

Morning cherrie! Are you still awake cleaning or did you finally drop and go to bed? I just finished my wake me up coffee and will be heading out for a run soon.... I hope everyone finds us over here. Its much more user friendly.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning Everyone! PandaJen - that is an awesome run . . . I'm very proud of you!! (and a bit jealous too!) I went to the doctor yesterday - he is also a runner. I just have to wait for this cough to run its course I guess. He said if I feel like running - then go for a run!! We also talked about upcoming races - he's done the 25K that I want to do in the spring and said that I can do it - no problem. We also talked about Marathons and he is encouraging. He did the Chicago marathon this year and told me of his experience. It was a nice doctor visit! Bottom line is he prescribed a cough medicine with Codiene which I am still trying to wake up from. Might run later on with my heart rate monitor for the first time!! So, how do we get in to make our profile and add a picture?? ~Mary HI Everyone!! Sorry - I'm still pretty groggy for personals!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

pandajenn19

Morning all! I do like this site, I can see myself coming here more often. I wasn't all that fond of the old CR setup, much less the new one. Wink I meant to run yesterday, but I had a flat tire when I got out to my car. So I changed that, mostly by myself (a guy came along and had to help, although I was doing just fine and was rather proud of myself for not needing help. Do I sound ungrateful or what! Smile ), drove to Firestone, then had hubby pick me up. After all of that I had missed my window. You know, that hour or so when you aren't yet completely starving for dinner and it's not so late that you can't run for fear of not getting to sleep? Yep, that one. Missed it. Then I was going to run to work this morning, since my car is still at Firestone. But I couldn't get my shoes to fit in my pack along with my suit, so I had hubby drive me instead. So the plan now is to run after work, end up at Firestone, and then drive home. Cherrie, do you want to come clean my house now? Smile It could use it! My hairy beasts leave more than their fair share of hair floating around too. (That was some nice alliteration in that sentence, wasn't it?) Michelle, hope your morning run went well! Mary, looks like you figured out the profile and avatar already. I love that your doctor is a runner! I'm not sure how athletic mine is, but at least he is a proponent of alterntive medicine (he is an MD) so he cares about fitness and nutrition. It's nice to have a doctor who gets that there is more to life than taking prescriptions. Smile Sarah, I hope you are feeling more rested today! Melanie, are the roads cleared off more today? Driving on the snow is bad enough without that kind of wind to deal with, too.
                              msl

hey all! Mary I haven't worn the heartrate monitor...not sure why. Panda do you wear yours? And, I hope that your day is better today than yesterday. Sounds like some craziness with the flat tire. I just returned home. 8.01km (4.98 miles) in 57:38. A little slower than I would like since my 8km time for a race was 52 mins, but I am not complaining. It was a really hilly course and I had to walk twice. DH is off from work until January 7th, so I plan to be running often. He is totally motivated too now because of the Garmin! Isn't that funny...We went to the mall today and both got running clothes. Hope everyone has an okay day!