make-a-picture contest! (Read 1252 times)

cat/dog furniture

Have you ever run a route that makes a semi-recognizable picture when you view the blue line in RunningAHEAD? For the month of March, submit the URL for your representational art in a response to this message. Winner will receive a lovely PDF certificate (suitable for virtual framing). Examples: does your route look like a big figure 8? or a kitty face? or even the Chinese character for "4"? RULES: 1. Map must appear in your log on RunningAHEAD -- you actually have to run the route. 2. Map must have a caption to say what it's supposed to look like. 3. Map must be submitted by more-or-less the end of March, and judging will take place on the weekend of April 4-5. 4. Decisions of the judging panel (made up of runners from the Columbia Track Club) will probably be easily swayed by whining and/or bribery. 5. Go out there, run, and have fun!

cat/dog furniture

Former runner

I can just see the weird looks I'll get running around the golf course spelling my name with my GPS. Tongue

Ross

Carl A

A couple local runners and I named our race the Viaduct Trail Ultramarathon not only because it starts beneath a huge viaduct, but also because the original course looked like a big V. 2007 VTU

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

cat/dog furniture

A couple local runners and I named our race the Viaduct Trail Ultramarathon not only because it starts beneath a huge viaduct, but also because the original course looked like a big V. 2007 VTU
          Good one! I would've said it looks like a lower case gamma.
          xor

Too bad it didn't look like a Big W. Then I would have gone with "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Ultramarathon".

Giant Flaming Dork

Turn it clockwise by 90 degrees and it looks like the Texas Longhorns... http://www.runningahead.com/logs/756d6deac7c14851912e1b347d1a76ea/courses/376283f48aba461aa0242d2f7bd6bd65 MTA: Dude. My family's from Carbondale...

http://xkcd.com/621/

Carl A

Too bad it didn't look like a Big W. Then I would have gone with "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Ultramarathon".
                I love that movie's opening: the just "sailed right out there" line, and the guy actually kicking a bucket!
                Dude. My family's from Carbondale...
                Carbondale's a great place to be from! Actually, I began to love that town during my first Steamtown. If you're ever in the area, maybe send a line to our website email and we'll go for a rail-trail run.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

cat/dog furniture

cat/dog furniture

Woot! I managed to spell something as I ran today! http://www.runningahead.com/logs/f0667853c6fa4087a322c55390871a0c/workouts/0559bd5302bf488597abd90f4550d0a3/map Can you read what I wrote between mile 3 and 4?
                      I can read it just fine. Too funny.

"Any idiot can run a marathon. It takes a special kind of idiot to run an ultramarathon." - Alan Cabelly

Hah, that's awesome!

cat/dog furniture

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Giant Flaming Dork

Carbondale's a great place to be from! Actually, I began to love that town during my first Steamtown. If you're ever in the area, maybe send a line to our website email and we'll go for a rail-trail run.
                              I wasn't saying it's a bad place.... just something I remember from my childhood. If you tell me Carawanna's is still in business I'll be there the next time I'm within 100 miles of the place. I'll bring the running clothes. MTA:aweful splelling

http://xkcd.com/621/