Best. Song. Ever. (Read 870 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm particularly fond of "Life During Wartime." Great song to run to, too.
    Hey, I just played that! This ain't no party This ain't no disco This ain't no foolin' around! I whip that line out occasionally.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Any Talking Heads fans?
      Never been a big music fan but Talking Heads was the best concert ever in Nashville. IMO. Back in the day. But I do like my AC/DC, anytime, anywhere.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Gotta TRI

I already gave you THE best song ever, A.K.A. "Free Bird", but close second would have to be.. "Layla". Eric Clapton----"Clapton is God" Big grin Andy
        2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
          Hey, I just played that! This ain't no party This ain't no disco This ain't no foolin' around! I whip that line out occasionally.
          I had that chorus in my head as we flew into BIAP back in '05
          PWL

Has been

This remains one of my favorite all-time songs, both on my running playlist and just in general: I want to run I want to hide I want to tear down the walls That hold me inside I want to reach out And touch the flame Where the streets have no name I want to feel, sunlight on my face See that dust cloud disappear without a trace I want to take shelter from the poison rain Where the streets have no name Where the streets have no name Where the streets have no name Were still building Then burning down love, burning down love And when I go there I go there with you... (its all I can do) The cities a flood And our love turns to rust Were beaten and blown by the wind Trampled into dust Ill show you a place High on ta desert plain Where the streets have no name Where the streets have no name Where the streets have no name Still building Then burning down love Burning down love And when I go there I go there with you (its all I can do)

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

The Boss - Jungleland

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

JakeKnight

The Boss - Jungleland
                How did this thread have no Springsteen? That's just wrong. I'd go with "Thunder Road," though. Maybe the best lyrics ever. That song kept me sane for a whole year once. Okay. Mostly sane.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

Why is it sideways?

Neil Young, "Thrasher"

Why is it sideways?

Never been a big music fan but Talking Heads was the best concert ever in Nashville. IMO. Back in the day.
                    I'm very jealous.
                      JakeKnight, I was torn between Jungleland and Thunder Road. Can't go wrong with either. I wore out two vinyl Born to Run albums.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Kings Canyon NP 07'

Shelter from the Storm. Dylan. I was burned out from exhaustion, buried in the hail, Poisoned in the bushes an' blown out on the trail, Hunted like a crocodile, ravaged in the corn. "Come in," she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

left-right-left-right-repeat

How did this thread have no Springsteen? That's just wrong. I'd go with "Thunder Road," though. Maybe the best lyrics ever. That song kept me sane for a whole year once. Okay. Mostly sane.
                          I agree. All Springsteen's lyrics from the Born to Run, Greetings from Asbury Park, and Darkness are fantastic. For best song I'm gonna go with a tie between Rosalita and Spirit in the Night (definitely live versions!)