2010 Goal of Sub 3:00 marathon (Read 8721 times)

TMorin

I am also running RTB this weekend. First time for me. As of right now I'm running Leg #7, but we might be down to 11 runners as one of our runners currently has a hurt calf and is an unknown right now.

My first time too but most have the team has done a few. What's your team's start time? We're Bunnies bahaving badly starting at 2:20. We're not sure we have 11 or 12 people at the moment either it'll be fun either way. How hard are you planning on running this? I know it can't be a good Idea to race this thing 3 weeks out from my marathon.

We're The Chocolate Mile. We start @ 2:40, so we'll probably be passing each other back and forth.

I will only be two weeks out from my marathon. I will probably race the first leg. Recovery/GA the middle-of-the night leg and run the last leg a little harder. I will probably take Sunday off.... Weather is shaping to be pretty decent. I leave Thursday morning.

My first time too but most have the team has done a few. What's your team's start time? We're Bunnies bahaving badly starting at 2:20. We're not sure we have 11 or 12 people at the moment either it'll be fun either way. How hard are you planning on running this? I know it can't be a good Idea to race this thing 3 weeks out from my marathon.

kcam

I'm pretty sick of entering my race times in predictors and getting sub 3:00 as the expected result.  I have no idea if my current fitness gives me a realistic shot at a ten minute PR in Hartford, but I'm going to try like hell.

Good luck dude!  I think you have a more than realistic shot at sub-3.  Keep on building fitness as you have plenty of speed to do this.  I'm definitely pulling for you, us old guys have to stick together.

DoppleBock

I am sorry - I have not been very engaged lately - Which race on 10/3 - I want to add you to the list 

Everything is on target for my goal of a sub 2:55 on October 3rd. Racing a half marathon on Sunday, with a goal of 1:21:30. Have been hitting all my miles/workouts/paces, including a 10 x 800 Yasso workout last week where I averaged 2:51 and negative splits. Feeling good and excited for the half this Sunday and the goal marathon on 10/3!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

TMorin

I think I've finally finished ramping my miles up and feeling slow after running Boston. I was pleasently surprised with a 1 second PR in the Ottawa Hlaf Marathon yesterday. Now I just want to hold 80-90 miles a week for a little while and see what happens.

Dopple Bock, throw me back on the list for sub 3 at Mohawk Hudson River Marathon - 10-10-10

I somehow never made it onto the list also.

DoppleBock

I am really sorry for that - I have been in a real slump this summer and I have not felt like thinking or talking about running.

Is there anyone else? 

I somehow never made it onto the list also.

Feeling the growl again

I am really sorry for that - I have been in a real slump this summer and I have not felt like thinking or talking about running.

Is there anyone else? 

spaniel -- 2:32 for now, not willing to go all in on 2:30 yet.

Summer was miserable.  I didn't want to talk about or run either.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

spaniel -- 2:32 for now, not willing to go all in on 2:30 yet.

Summer was miserable.  I didn't want to talk about or run either.

Race & date?

- I have been in a real slump this summer  

I have a tough time wrapping my mind around 439 miles in August being called a slump.

What you've accomplished so far this year has been incredible.  Good luck at the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon!

Feeling the growl again

Race & date?

Doh.  Indianapolis Marathon 10/16

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

The Thunder

Yo DB...I just noticed you have me down for a sub 2:50 at HHFMM?  Did I ever publicly state that as a goal? 

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Looking for some thoughts on my interval work this week.  Wednesday I will be 3.5 weeks out from my race.  I was thinking it would be a good time for some Yasso's but I'm not really sure it would be the best thing.  Should I go longer (1200 or 1600 repeats) or shorter (200 or 400 repeats).  Again, just looking for some experienced feedback.

TMorin

Looking for some thoughts on my interval work this week.  Wednesday I will be 3.5 weeks out from my race.  I was thinking it would be a good time for some Yasso's but I'm not really sure it would be the best thing.  Should I go longer (1200 or 1600 repeats) or shorter (200 or 400 repeats).  Again, just looking for some experienced feedback.

I just do what our club coach tells us to do. This week is;

Those running over 50 miles (~80 kilometers) per week
                            =====================================================
                            1 x 1600m THRESHOLD, 1:00 rest
                            4 x 1600m THRESHOLD-10, 1:00 rest

You can take me off the list.   This year hasn't gone anywhere as planned since Boston in April.  

Plan is for an early 2010 attempt but 2009 ain't happening.

xor

You can take me off the list.   This year hasn't gone anywhere as planned since Boston in April.  

Plan is for an early 2010 attempt but 2009 ain't happening.

Whoa.