2010 Goal of Sub 3:00 marathon (Read 8721 times)

DoppleBock

Ran a nice 50 miler yesterday - Door County Fall 50 (WI)

Rained moderately the last 20 miles, but it was in the low 50s and I like that - Hilly 1st 30 miles and fairly flat the last 20 - Ran the last 20 in sub 8:00pace and finished with 6 hours 52minutes.  Much better experience (race pace) than I had at Glacial 50 miler on the trails 13 days prior.

Feel pretty good today and ended up with 127 this week.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

kcam

Nice week, DB.

Weeks 5 and 6 for me:

72 miles in 10 runs, 3X1mile on Wednesday, train-thru 1/2 marathon on Sunday with warmup and cooldown = 19miles

81 miles in 10 runs, 4.5mile XC race on Saturday and 21 mile long run this morning.

I feel like I'm getting fit.  I have the Silicon Valley marathon next Sunday morning but I'll only be running it as a long run with maybe a little quality in there.  I'm only running it to keep my 13 for 13 streak going.  Should give me a fitness boost as long as I don't try to do anything stupid like race it.

Excellent DB!  You were hauling butt!

Ran a nice 50 miler yesterday - Door County Fall 50 (WI)

Rained moderately the last 20 miles, but it was in the low 50s and I like that - Hilly 1st 30 miles and fairly flat the last 20 - Ran the last 20 in sub 8:00pace and finished with 6 hours 52minutes.  Much better experience (race pace) than I had at Glacial 50 miler on the trails 13 days prior.

Feel pretty good today and ended up with 127 this week.

Congratulations to all the marathon finishers (ultras too) here so far this year. It's been pretty cool reading about folks' races and how their training has progressed. That, and some of the race reports are pretty darned inspirational.

Current Goals: Run and stuff

Why is it sideways?

Got the report up on my blog. Thanks to everyone on this thread for inspiring, and good luck to those who still have 2010 goals.

Are we there yet?

Got the report up on my blog. Thanks to everyone on this thread for inspiring, and good luck to those who still have 2010 goals.

Man! great race report, great run

Great write-up!  I shared this one with my wife, who writes professionally and does not run at all.  She loved it, too, and said to tell you so.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

mikeymike

Yeah so I've been walking around all week thinking I ran the 2nd half in like 1:27 something (even wrote that in my running log) but I did the math and figured out it was only 1:26:11.  So my splits were 1:23:45 (6:24) / 1:26:11 (6:35).  Suddenly I feel a lot better about my race.  Runners are weird.

I posted a race report here, for those who are into such things.

And good luck to those still deck for this fall, looking forward to the results.

Runners run

Why is it sideways?

Thanks for the nice remarks!

Way to get it done there Mike.

DoppleBock

hubbardsw - 10/31/2010 Marine Corp Marathon - Washington DC

Go get em!

DoppleBock

That's what taper is for - Its gonna come together ... please let us know the result! 

Well, 8 days to go and feeling antsy. I forgot what tapering feels like and second guessing my fitness. My 1:19 1/2 last month should put me there but I feel like Im struggling the last few workouts. Hope it comes together on race day

kcam

Well, 8 days to go and feeling antsy. I forgot what tapering feels like and second guessing my fitness. My 1:19 1/2 last month should put me there but I feel like Im struggling the last few workouts. Hope it comes together on race day

hubbardsw, best of luck to you this Sunday.  Can't see any of your training but that 1:19  sure bodes well for great race.  Do it.

Jeff, this is long overdue, but your race report was nothing short of inspiring.  I need to remember to read this again the day before my next marathon... 

hubbardsw, best of luck to you this Sunday.  Can't see any of your training but that 1:19  sure bodes well for great race.  Do it.

Thanks,

Sitting in a hotel room in DC just got done talking with our coach (Marine Corps Team) he wants me to go for 2:48 or so so we will see.  Feeling good, training has went good, but still doubting myself a bit just because its been so long since my last marathon when I feel apart

2010 Goals 3000 Miles 1/2 Marathon-Sub 1:20:00 Marathon-Sub 3:00

Are we there yet?

I got NYC this coming weekend but plan to run it @ 7:10 pace thruout as a long steady training run.. perhaps I can gather a few folks looking to BQ and we can have some fun as an unofficial 3:10 pace group. Cool

Good luck hubbardsw

Start 5K 10K 15K 20K Half 25K 30K 35K 40K Finish
                                7:59:44 AM 00:21:00  00:41:06  01:00:58