Shoe Testing (Read 866 times)

Roses Revenge

I'm not sure who it was that posted the link to New Balance shoe testing program, but wanted to say thanks!

I signed up about a month ago, and received my first pair of shoes to test today!  I really expected that I wouldn't meet the demographic they were looking for and would never get anything to test!

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Awesome, thanks for the link ... I just applied.  Now just keeping my fingers crossed Wink

Just got done with my first test and had to send them back last Monday.  I tested a pair of 1064's and they were very nice shoes.   I talked to NB rep at Martahon expo in May and he said I was in the last test phase and they are due out in november.

Would highly recommend the 1064 and the NB rep gave me a pretty good deal on 1063's ( $75 --- $125 retail) but definitly like the changes in 1064's with a little more support / fits like a glove in the upper.

Hopefully get graded as a "good tester" and my shoe size is their exact size for initial tests as for Men they only test the first round at 9.5 D.

All in All not bad as get 5 - 6 weeks wear of a shoe for free.  Would be nice if they sent you coupons or something??

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

I've done testing for Brooks, and I am currently testing for Nike.

Can't beat free shoes!!

Marathon PR 3:25:23 http://26point2medals.com/metals.html

Just got picked for my 2nd Wear test for New Balance.  Finished first one last month, so I guess I am in New Balance good graces as a "Good Tester".

Should be interesting, as name of test is "Recycled CMEVA 30phr" , which looks like they are testing a new midsole rubber component?? Hopefully I get a whole shoe

Just curious to see what model I get, as seems like they may be testing new material on a existing model??

Bad news is I have been eyeing getting a new pair of Mizuno Precision 9's, leight weight 9.9 oz Marathon shoe, but still have good miles on my Mizuno Inspire 5's; NB 1063's and Ascics Banditos (short race / track only).

If I go above 4 active pair ... won't be able to dodge the "shoe diva" label from the family.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

RunsForCake

There are links to sign up for NB, Brooks and Nike shoe test programs

Here

Waahhh ... waahhh

Behind New Blance Door # 2 --- I got a pair of NB 749 with what appears an attempt and a new recycled rubber midsole material.  This is a Stability and I wear a Nuetral (although have wore Stability before and my Inspire 5's are stability

Not toohappy with shoe as was hard to get on and shoe lace was barely long enough to get one small single knot.  Also top of shoe hurts, so after relacing 18 different ways found a combinatiion to relieve preasure points, luckily ended up with enough shoestring to actually tie a double knot.  Its a hard balance to keep the mid shoe loose enough for comfort while still getting top tight enough to avoid slipping.

I ran 5 miles with them today and OK i guess, but dissapointed after I got the 1064's last time as the 1064's were more of a top of line shoe, where this is midline (retail $79) .... I guess I am a shoe snob.

Good news is they are pretty light at 10.4 oz. and may not want to bang long miles in these, they may be decent is some mid distance races 10k / 10 miler?? 

Not sure if i will keep my good status and probably not putting 100 - 200 miles on these things the next 6 weeks, guess will mix in the rotation and let them know not really a training shoe fit for me. 

I'm having good luck with what Nike sent me. Not supposed to talk about it though.
                  Marathon PR 3:25:23 http://26point2medals.com/metals.html
                  Roses Revenge

The New Balance shoes I was testing went back on 7/20, the day after I wore them for a half marathon.  I really would have liked to keep them for another week so I could wear them for the half marathon the next weekend but it wasn't to be.  Right now I have 3 different pairs of Mizunos in rotation all with 100 to 150 miles so if I get another pair of something to test I probably won't have to buy shoes before my October marathon.  Unless of course I end up doing some races before thenm, which is always a  possiblility.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!