So i'm 22 years old and weigh less than some 12 year olds (Read 430 times)

Stats: 22 years old, 5'6"-5'8", somewhere in there, 100-114 lbs ish, though I've been as high as 145 in the past 5 years. Have been running / biking / active since i was 14, with multiple periods of no running for months at a time. The web says i am skinnier than 99% of my peer group in the United States. Currently running only around 18-35 mpw but have been up as high as 56 mpw.

Health: ex-smoker (best decision i ever made), low blood pressure, low resting heart rate, low blood sugar. My Doc says i have the health of a 14 year old on the inside still. I feel amazing but mostly spend my days being told by people who weigh more than me that I need to gain weight.

Conclusions?

if you're tired of starting over then stop giving up!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Not sure what you are asking.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

If your body performs for you as you want it to, you are not deliberately depriving yourself of nutrition, you are eating a balanced diet of foods you enjoy, and if you like the way you feel, then don't worry about how you compare to others.  The sooner you stop comparing yourself to others, and stop allowing other people to have an opinion on how your body looks, the happier you will be.  I'm going to be 40 in a month.  I'm in the same height and weight range as you are so I hear the same kinds of things.  No one has the right to critique my body, so I don't let them.

Leah, mother of dogs

Conclusions?

I can't conclude anything for you, but I'm also 5'8, and if I weighed 100 pounds, I can conclude that I'd be dead.

mikeymike

Conclusions?

People come in various shapes and sizes.

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

5'6" - 5'8"   you slouch and then stand straight, then slouch, then straight etc??

MTA: my weight fluctuates month to month, but not my height

Runners run

I stumped too, not sure what to conclude, maybe eat a lil' more? who knows. I out weigh alla you so far 160 at 5'8", but I'm only running @15 miles a week, hiking and climbing  the rest of the time.

dallison

registered pw

I'm 6' and 140 lbs @ 41 years old, it's normal for me.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

kilkee

runktrun

My conclusion is that you are moderately to severely underweight.  Only a tiny, tiny percentage of the population will be able to maintain that weight at that height without actively restricting/starving and without malnutrition issues, or without an underlying medical condition.

Is that what you wanted to hear?  Because if you feel fine, have no medical issues, and have enough energy to run and get through your day, then maybe you're an anomaly and there's no issue.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

I feel amazing but mostly spend my days being told by people who weigh more than me that I need to gain weight.

Conclusions?

Get used to it. or chunk up.

Get off my porch

Tiefsa

My Doc says i have the health of a 14 year old on the inside still. I feel amazing but mostly spend my days being told by people who weigh more than me that I need to gain weight.

Conclusions?

As long as you feel good, you're fine.  Don't worry about what other people think, especially if you are active and you feel good.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Conclusions??

eat a damn sammich.

You people have issues 

No Talent Drips

I weigh less than some 12 year olds too. Sugabetes, and what not.

My astrologer tells me that I have the inner composition of a 23 year old Jamaican woman, which explains almost nothing. But, imma go on being me...it feels ah-MAZ-ing.

I conclude that God is Love and Love is Blind. Also too, Ray Charles is blind. Ergo...

Dei Gratia

FSBD

I keep having this recurring dream that I'm running a marathon but the marathon course travels through a house several times. We have to run up multiple flights of stairs and bottlenecks keep occurring. It gets really frustrating.

The weird thing is that even though the dreams are very similar the house in the dream is always different.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Wing

Joggaholic

I also weigh less than some 12 year olds, but my DW is more concerned about my mental age being that young.