Oh! You run? (Read 2664 times)

See, I ran something once with 5k in the title, but that marathon word wasn't there.  I think a 5k marathon and a 5k must be different things.  The one with marathon is real running, the other is some kind of other event, but it doesn't make you a runner.  Plus I didn't vomit at the end, so what I did wouldn't count anyway.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

every 5k I do is a marathon....it takes several hours, I am wiped out at the end of it for a week at least, and I feel like I really accomplished something just by finishing it...

I didn't vomit at the end, so what I did wouldn't count anyway.

That's what I've been doing wrong all this time.  Good to know.

Oh! Urine?

Had to get that out of my brain. Carry on.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

How far are the Barkley Marathons?

I think they have several options.

You can stop after your first broken bone, or after your second, or when you pass out.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Oh! Urine?

Had to get that out of my brain. Carry on.

I wore black shorts.

You'd not be able to tell if they were wet, or if it were sweat or urine, unless you touched, and that would be a slightly odd addition to the chip-removal and medal handing out at the end of these non-marathon races.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

drrbradford

. . . Plus I didn't vomit at the end, so what I did wouldn't count anyway.

Correct.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

How far are the Barkley Marathons?

They appear to be 920 miles from here.

You'll ruin your knees!

No one has checked their had a garmin that still worked at the finish to see.

fify...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Believe

You guys are just too funny.

I've run a ton of marathons of varying distances and won them all AND I have medals to prove it!  

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Purdey

Self anointed title

I think they have several options.

The first option is whether or not to head out for a second lap. Having experienced total hell on the first one. And realising that to complete the "fun run" would take another two of those hellish laps. I think it sounds like fun.

Correct.

For future reference, should the vom contain chunks, or is plain liquid okay?

Also, should I avoid wearing socks?

jeffdonahue

I wore black shorts.

You'd not be able to tell if they were wet, or if it were sweat or urine, unless you touched, and that would be a slightly odd addition to the chip-removal and medal handing out at the end of these non-marathon races.

See, that's why I wear my light grey shorts, because then it looks like I peed everytime I go for a run.

You'll ruin your knees!

For future reference, should the vom contain chunks, or is plain liquid okay?

Also, should I avoid wearing socks?

...as long as you swallowed it, you should be good (partial digestion counts toward style points).

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)