June 2015 update summary (Read 707 times)

Efes

Hi Eric,

Excited to test out the new version of RA

I do however already seem to have hit a minor bug. If I create a ‘New Weights Entry’, save it and then go to edit. It doesn’t open as if it was a Weight but instead as if it was a Bike? So I can’t correct any of my exercise or add anything if I made a mistake.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Efes

EDIT: If I open a Weights entry in edit mode, change something and save it. I get the message that an unknown error has occurred.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

On the "Splits" tab, there is no way to see elapsed time after each split.  It was there before and it was useful.

Any way to restore this column?  Or replace "Duration" with "Elapsed time"?  It is not particularly helpful to have "Duration" and "Pace" if your splits are per mile - Both columns would show the same number.

Thanks.

Jeremy Kieser

full speed ahead

On the "Splits" tab, there is no way to see elapsed time after each split.  It was there before and it was useful.

Any way to restore this column?  Or replace "Duration" with "Elapsed time"?  It is not particularly helpful to have "Duration" and "Pace" if your splits are per mile - Both columns would show the same number.

Thanks.

Agreed.  Splits are a little tough to see.  They are way off the page to the right.  The total elapsed time is nice to have and I'd like that back as well.

Everyone gets knocked down. Champions get up.

Magmason

I'll try out that Garmin Connect thing tomorrow.  Thanks for getting this done, Eric.  Woohoo!

Alas, must say that I'm less than enthused about the new page that pops up when you click on a workout.  I actually rarely look at the map of my workouts, more interested in the splits and comments  Now the map and elevation profile is front and center.  It would be better, for me of course, if there were a preferences selection where you could select the Splits tab as the default.  Shields on ....

I completely agree.  I don't need bells and whistles, I want practical information at the ready.  I know where I ran; it's the splits and comments that I want without another click.  Also, other features I used ALL the time are gone:  elapsed time, and forward/back arrows for workouts.

Any chance this can be changed/restored?

xhristopher

The maps default is crummy for lurking, especially when there is usually nothing to see.

Wing

Joggaholic

The new graph and selecting multiple files for uploads are great, thank you!!!

jfa

Thank you Eric for all your efforts in improving RA.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... forward/back arrows for workouts.

I keep meaning to try to figure out how navigate between workouts, but never get to it...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

DavePNW

The maps default is crummy for lurking, especially when there is usually nothing to see.

Not entirely true! There is usually a map of Boston there. Not sure what the deal with that is. Motivation I guess for some of us.

Dave

eric :)

I fixed it, just for you!

eric :)

Hi Efes,

Thanks for reporting the problem.  I've fixed it.

eric Smile

Ok, I need some help.

When I go to the Garmin Connect website (I assume that is what we are talking about), I cannot find a link to the tools/applications.  Where is that?

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

When I go to the Garmin Connect website (I assume that is what we are talking about), I cannot find a link to the tools/applications.  Where is that?

The tools/applications is on RunningAhead

If you are looking at your log, Tools is on the navigation panel, on the left, above Settings

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I completely agree.  I don't need bells and whistles, I want practical information at the ready.  I know where I ran; it's the splits and comments that I want without another click.  Also, other features I used ALL the time are gone:  elapsed time, and forward/back arrows for workouts.

Any chance this can be changed/restored?

I second this. In part, because I don't use a garmin, but I know my routes and their distances, so I normally just log time and distance the old fashioned way. The map function is superfluous to me since it just shows downtown Boston (as much as I love Boston having lived (and worked) there and its environs for the first 48 years of my life) and it is the most dominant aspect of the new format.

I also miss the arrows letting users move forward and back between workouts.

I want to voice my appreciation of the new interface, map included. I especially like the immediate response of the graphing function. Seems reasonable to make it a user choice which tab to start up in, but not to go back to the old interface.

I think the new interface makes the site look more modern and is what people are looking for these days.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com