Fartlek (Read 922 times)

Giant Flaming Dork

Go running.
    Geez, Mike. You okay? Did you get your run in for today? You seem awful moody this morning...

http://xkcd.com/621/

Pammie

Sorry to nitpick, but that's not really a fartlek, because it's so structured. That's a time-based interval session. The point of fartlek, as I understand it, is the randomness - the lack of structure. (Speed play) Run hard for a some undetermined amount. Recover for some random distance. Repeat for some unplanned number of times. Have fun with it. Try different paces. Go with the flow. I like the "run to the next streetlight" thing that someone mentioned. I used to run telephone poles back in the day. It's also fun to do farlek on a rolling hilly course. Blast the uphills. Recover on the downhills. Uptempo on the flats. Or just run randomly hard/easy and let the terrain do the work for you.
      Its ok to nit pick i do know what fartlek is all about but it was a club session with at least 60 of us so i think its gettin everyone to do the same thing together and not just doin our own thing,
      mikeymike

You seem awful moody this morning...
        No that's just my normal personality.

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

No that's just my normal personality.
          I'll vouch for that.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.