OK, or NOT OK - A Short Poll (Read 511 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

No.  There should be family locker rooms of adequate size to not cause undo delay

Short of that, people should calm the f down because what do thexpect the father with his daughter to do?

That is the direct response to this poll.

There is an actual digital poll at the top of this thread (but you might have to go back to the first page to see it) where you can choose an option, that expresses for you: "What you expect the father with his daughter to do".

RA only gained these polls with radio buttons and automatically tallied results in the past couple years.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

My friends and I like to walk 3 wide on the inside lanes of our local track no matter who else is using it.

I like to walk my dog without a leash on a great running trail.

I pass gas regularly while running on the treadmill in a crowded gym.

I push a double stroller in all races I run. The more crowded the better.

While driving I only look left when making right turns, paying no attention to pedestrians.

Hey, I have a lot of friends, a dog with a free spirit, irritable bowel syndrome, twins, and I'm in a rush.  What do you expect me to do.

You people just need to get over it!

Dream Maker

Yeah,  That's totally the same.

Wait. No it's not. At all.

I'm a single mother.  I have a girl so it's really not an issue, I guess, but that's just luck for me.  What about when my ex husband is watching her?

I'm in favor of family changing areas.  But short of that... shall he leave her alone or with a stranger?  What, exactly, do you want?

And, furthermore, why is it important?  How exactly is it such an inconvenience?

My friends and I like to walk 3 wide on the inside lanes of our local track no matter who else is using it.

I like to walk my dog without a leash on a great running trail.

I pass gas regularly while running on the treadmill in a crowded gym.

I push a double stroller in all races I run. The more crowded the better.

While driving I only look left when making right turns, paying no attention to pedestrians.

Hey, I have a lot of friends, a dog with a free spirit, irritable bowel syndrome, twins, and I'm in a rush.  What do you expect me to do.

You people just need to get over it!

Yeah,  That's totally the same.

Wait. No it's not. At all.

I'm a single mother.  I have a girl so it's really not an issue, I guess, but that's just luck for me.  What about when my ex husband is watching her?

I'm in favor of family changing areas.  But short of that... shall he leave her alone or with a stranger?  What, exactly, do you want?

And, furthermore, why is it important?  How exactly is it such an inconvenience?

I wasn't addressing you specifically, but yes, most of the things I sarcastically listed are quite unrelated to the "locker room issue", with the possible exception of the stroller scenario.

Questions like "Should he just leave her with a stranger?", or "what do you expect him to do?" have been posed throughout this thread and IMHO are indicative of a "this is my life, everyone else needs to deal with it" attitude that is way to prevalent these days (at least in my neck of the woods).

I don't really have a strong opinion about the actual poll question.  Probably the HC should have a clearly stated rule and everyone should abide by it.

In answer to "What, exactly, do you want?" Nothing, but thanks for asking.

ultramarathon/triathlete

I wasn't addressing you specifically, but yes, most of the things I sarcastically listed are quite unrelated to the "locker room issue", with the possible exception of the stroller scenario.

How is the stroller related to the locker room?

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
            Gatorade Endurance Team

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

People who bring their double-wide strollers into the locker room are a MENACE!

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Dream Maker

Excuse me.  My mistake. I was confused by your posting in the thread about the question in response to a reply to the question.

I don't really have a strong opinion about the actual poll question.  Probably the HC should have a clearly stated rule and everyone should abide by it.

ultramarathon/triathlete

People who bring their double-wide strollers into the locker room are a MENACE!

What about people who take them on the treadmill?  I was thinking of doing that at lunch.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                  Gatorade Endurance Team

Excuse me.  My mistake. I was confused by your posting in the thread about the question in response to a reply to the question.

Sure, I was responding to responses more than questioning the question.

A Saucy Wench

Questions like "Should he just leave her with a stranger?", or "what do you expect him to do?" have been posed throughout this thread and IMHO are indicative of a "this is my life, everyone else needs to deal with it" attitude that is way to prevalent these days (at least in my neck of the woods).

In answer to "What, exactly, do you want?" Nothing, but thanks for asking.

I just dont get how "you"  (being the man in the locker room) are inconvenienced in anyway by a 2 1/2 year old girl in the locker room.  Your examples that you listed were either rude, dangerous or illegal.  This is NONE of those.

Actually leaving the child outside or with a stranger would be at least 2 if not all 3 of the above.

Unless the university has a specific policy (for MOST locker rooms the age cutoff is around SIX) then he is not violating any rule OR causing any inconvenience.  Except in the mind of someone who can't separate body from sexuality which is their own issue, not the dads.  Seriously, you think a 2 1/2 year old kid is going to be traumatized by seeing a naked person of the opposite gender?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Tangentially in that in both scenarios you are bringing your kids into the environment where others may or may not take issue.

I've never had a stroller-racing issue, but a lot of the races around here that take place on narrow roads/paths ban them.

ultramarathon/triathlete

ahhh that makes sense.  I really thought you saw one in a locker room or something.

FWIW I race with a double stroller.  ONLY in races where the RD will allow it.  And, where I can win ;-)

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                          Gatorade Endurance Team

ultramarathon/triathlete

Seriously, you think a 2 1/2 year old kid is going to be traumatized by seeing a naked person of the opposite gender?

Depends on the naked person.  If they saw some of the old naked guys I've seen in my gym's locker room...  ;-)

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                            Gatorade Endurance Team

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Maybe he was thinking that the stroller pusher can use the justification, "What else am I supposed to do - leave my stroller unattended?"

That does sound analogous to the justification proposed in the locker room scenario, to me.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

In the "what was he supposed to do" discussion, the option not being discussed is "not go to the gym on Daddy duty".  There are a lot of things I don't do or don't do as often because I have little kids now.

Everyone has their particular level of sensitivity and view on human nudity, but I think it's obvious that in a locker room there will be people across that spectrum.  In addition to living a fit lifestyle, I hope I'd set an example for my kids by being conscious of and considerate of others, even if they don't necessarily agree with that person's perspective on whatever issue.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills