Seeing a Naturopath for Running GI issues? (Read 661 times)

Bugs

In Paual Radcliffes book My Story so Far she wrote that she saw a naturopath for food intolerances. It basically eliminated any GI running issues. Anybody else tried seen a naturopath? How many visits did it take? How do they test for food intolerances?

Bugs

A Saucy Wench

I know lots of people who have done so with varying success. I believe it is a blood test. It only takes 1-2 visits (depending on if the results process out of house or not). The main problem I have seen is ...well, lots of "positives" that sometimes lead to an overly restrictive diet. The longer work would be eliminating the potential culprits and then adding each one back in to see if that really needs to go. Generally an elimination diet takes 2-3 weeks to eliminate ALL of the suspect foods and then each food is added in for 1-2 weeks. If you have 10 foods on the list this could take a long time. They should be able to rank them for you though. My friend who had serious problems with her kids had miracles from some of the dietary changes, other people - meh not so much. Given what you have described as your issues, I would say it isnt going to hurt and could certainly help. I've found through my own experimentation that dairy and I do not get along for racing. Milk is an evil thing for me for about 12-24 hours before a hard run, but I can drink it afterwards with no noticeable issue.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

In Paual Radcliffes book My Story so Far she wrote that she saw a naturopath for food intolerances. It basically eliminated any GI running issues. Anybody else tried seen a naturopath? How many visits did it take? How do they test for food intolerances?
        I haven't read Paula's book but are you referring to NAET/muscle testing? If so, it just depends on the person. I've known someone with a kid who was dairy intolerant and it took about 3 or 4 visits before he was cleared. I know another lady who has suffered years of severe eczema and it took 3 or 4 months before she was cleared.

Jennifer mm#1231

Bugs

The book doesn't specify how they determined the foot intollerances, another reason I posted. When I emailed the naturopath she was vague about what would be done. I've heard of a chiropractor that has you snif something, and they tell you "what your allergic" to, but I don't know what this is called.

Bugs

The book doesn't specify how they determined the foot intollerances, another reason I posted. When I emailed the naturopath she was vague about what would be done. I've heard of a chiropractor that has you snif something, and they tell you "what your allergic" to, but I don't know what this is called.
            oh ok. I haven't heard of the sniffing thing, LOL! A friend is an Osteopath and I've also seen a naturopath before they both do NAET/muscle testing. The NAET did NOT work for my hyperemesis but I only went 2 times. I should say, I could only drag my half comotose, dry heaving, skeleton there 2 times and I threw up the homeopathic remedy she prescribed so I gave up. Tongue Good luck with solving the GI issues.

Jennifer mm#1231