A good old fashioned runner v. jogger donnybrook (Read 1788 times)

Man, I think its about time for the which beer is best Donnybrook.
    How about the Taste Great vs. less filling debate. Maybe this would re-garner the attention of the philosophers. MTA Pluralization. The last thing I want to do is leave someone with hurt feelings because I implied they were not philosophical enough.

Cause I CAN

<stands> I'm peach and I'm a joggerBlush</stands>
      Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
      http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
      AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

stands up wearing hot pink running skirt> I'm peach and I'm a jogger
        Welcome, Peach, congratulations on admitting your addiction to running, and you can do it, one day at a time like the rest of us Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cause I CAN

thanks, think on my next marathon I'll aim for 8 hrs instead of six....more flirting time with the marines...
          mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

thanks, think on my next marathon I'll aim for 8 hrs instead of six....more flirting time with the marines...
            Great reason for a woman to run a marathon as slow as possible... the real winner is the last one across the finish line before the cutoff. Now if only Hooters would start one for us guys....
              Now if only Hooters would start one for us guys....
              The Maine Coast Half Marathon might be the closest thing. * This is a "Women's Only" race with one exception. One LUCKY GUY - One and only one registered male will be allowed in the race, the male runner will be the winner of a lottery system where male runners pay $10 towards the right to run in this race. ALL PROCEEDS from the lottery to go to a local York school running program. That would be a very unique experience.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Cause I CAN

I'm more interested in the one I read about that gives out a Tiffany diamond necklace at the finish...where's that one? Smile

#artbydmcbride

That's the one in San Francisco.

Runners run

jules2

If you image google "MV", most of the images on the first page are of crotch rocket-style motorcycles (ok, technically, one particular model). Crotch rocket. I've not been called that before. I've mixed emotions about this.
                    MV = Male Vet MV also equals seriously nice motor bikes I'm a MSV = Male Super Vet, in this class you are allowed to reverse the use of your camelbak so it becomes a catheter.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Cause I CAN

That's the one in San Francisco.
                      No wonder, theres so many hills there, it probaby takes more than just a finish medal to get people to come run the thing Smile

an amazing likeness

The Maine Coast Half Marathon might be the closest thing. * This is a "Women's Only" race with one exception. One LUCKY GUY - One and only one registered male will be allowed in the race, the male runner will be the winner of a lottery system where male runners pay $10 towards the right to run in this race. ALL PROCEEDS from the lottery to go to a local York school running program. That would be a very unique experience.
                        Teresadfp ran this last year. In the past, the one guy has been too chicken intimidated to actually run it...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Man I'd so run that. If I can't get a girlfriend from running a half marathon where there is NO GUY COMPETITION, then there's no chance for me.
                          2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.

Mitch & Pete's Mom

MV = Male Vet I'm a MSV = Male Super Vet, in this class you are allowed to reverse the use of your camelbak so it becomes a catheter.
                            Wow, you're a veterinarian? Isn't interesting how you guys on the other side of the pond put your professions on your bibs. I love animals too. <hic> What a fun and informative thread this is <hic>. I'm going go get another beer. Can I bring anybody anything? Think I've got some nice 'cados, I could whip up some guac?</hic></hic>
                            Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
                            xor

No wonder, theres so many hills there, it probaby takes more than just a finish medal to get people to come run the thing Smile
                              Nah, that race sells out every year. The tiffany, the firemen at the aid stations. It's quite a thing. Anyway, the two San Francisco marathons have never struck me as much hillier than the two Atlanta marathons. Hills are fun.

xor

in this class you are allowed to reverse the use of your camelbak so it becomes a catheter.
                                Ok then. Now I have an additional visual (alongside "IV" and "enema or douche bag") that will cause me never to own a camelbak.