A good old fashioned runner v. jogger donnybrook (Read 1788 times)

Cause I CAN

Nah, that race sells out every year. The tiffany, the firemen at the aid stations. It's quite a thing. Anyway, the two San Francisco marathons have never struck me as much hillier than the two Atlanta marathons. Hills are fun.
    hey I have to run the one in atlanta...how bad is it?
    Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
    http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
    xor

hey I have to run the one in atlanta...how bad is it?
      Big grin We've had this conversation (that's what I was referring to, actually). You are going to do fine. They are just hills. They are not that bad. You go up, you come down.

Cause I CAN

Big grin We've had this conversation (that's what I was referring to, actually). You are going to do fine. They are just hills. They are not that bad. You go up, you come down.
        i dont remember that conversation...hills are fun going down them...I love that
        xor

MrH

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

mikeymike

Runners run

xor

I just got smartfiltered! Ouch.
                Heh. Sorry about that. Yeah, it's a youtube-like thing (although I put it on tinypic). I should have made that better known. For those of you with a choice in the matter 1) it is totally SFW, 2) cute, but 3) probably not altogether interesting unless you like small dogs. But it does end with me oddly saying "....fisheye." Which is nice.

mikeymike

"Heh heh. Fisheye." (Off the Big Corporate Network now.)

Runners run

Cause I CAN

good night trent Big grin
                    RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I'm sorry I got lost in the 10 pages of this thing but made it to the first two. Here is why I am: 8 Ball I have cool oakley shades (silver and black). 8 Ball I wear mostly all black. 8 Ball I can run under a 7 minute pace easy but not for a whole marathon (this part worries) 8 Ball I love to run to pass people as they do not deserve to be on the road with me. 8 Ball If someone passes me it must be because they are doing a speed workout and I am obviously doing just a easy run. 8 Ball I am cool enough to use the 8 ball as a bullet point. If they had a skull and cross bones I would use that. 8 Ball I run in any freaking weather! (except ice) 8 Ball My dog can run a faster 5K then most of you. 8 Ball I currently have 6 pairs of active shoes for each day of the week I run. 8 Ball All of these shoes are very cool! 8 Ball Because my self anointed title says so! I have more but I think that should do for now. I have no idea why I even responded but I felt a manly runner must mark his spot in this conversation but yet a manly runner does not have time to read 10 pages of this crap. Thanks for cheering me up before I head out the door in my all black and cool shades with my cool black shoes on. Cheers
                        2011 Goals:
                        Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                        Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

jules2

I'm sorry I got lost in the 10 pages of this thing but made it to the first two. Here is why I am: 8 Ball I have cool oakley shades (silver and black). 8 Ball I wear mostly all black. 8 Ball I can run under a 7 minute pace easy but not for a whole marathon (this part worries) 8 Ball I love to run to pass people as they do not deserve to be on the road with me. 8 Ball If someone passes me it must be because they are doing a speed workout and I am obviously doing just a easy run. 8 Ball I am cool enough to use the 8 ball as a bullet point. If they had a skull and cross bones I would use that. 8 Ball I run in any freaking weather! (except ice) 8 Ball My dog can run a faster 5K then most of you. 8 Ball I currently have 6 pairs of active shoes for each day of the week I run. 8 Ball All of these shoes are very cool! 8 Ball Because my self anointed title says so! I have more but I think that should do for now. I have no idea why I even responded but I felt a manly runner must mark his spot in this conversation but yet a manly runner does not have time to read 10 pages of this crap. Thanks for cheering me up before I head out the door in my all black and cool shades with my cool black shoes on. Cheers
                        You are so cool I had to wear my gloves to type this, you didn't mention you run marathons at a quicker pace than half marathons which must so cool as to be freezing.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

By definition, listmakers are joggers. G'nite Peach. Smile
                          RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

It disappoints me that you would say such things Trent but yet I feel in order to know a cool runner you must be one yourself. Therefore obviously you must not be a cool runner. Normally I would say that you are automatically a cool runner because of the whole flying monkey thing but yet it is upside down. I have always wondered why your username is not Nikko? Also technically should they be "Winged Monkeys"?
                              2011 Goals:
                            RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Jules2: Any guy who lives in the shire is good in my book. So I will ignore your sarcastic message because I know the good folks in the shire only say nice things. Smile
                                2011 Goals:
                              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Teresadfp ran this last year. In the past, the one guy has been too chicken intimidated to actually run it...
                                Yeah, it was fun. I talked to the guy - probably in his early 50s and very friendly. It's a beautiful course, through beautiful neighborhoods and next to the ocean. I didn't come in anywhere close to last place, so I was happy! I should get DH to try for it next year.