The changing culture of running 'races'. (Read 759 times)

kk_kittenkat

I'm really hesitant to post in this thread, since posting here contradicts what I'm about to type.

+1 to this. Unless ericSmile has changed his position, we should respect that by not responding to this person.

He knows I've got this log in, QED he knows I'm using it. If he was unhappy about that he would do something about it, you surely can't expect a big dramatic statement from him giving consent? I don't know any forums that operate that way.

Let's face it, who hasn't fallen in love with my gorgeous bunny? It's got rabbitude, what's not to like?

PDoe

"Let's face it, who hasn't fallen in love with my gorgeous bunny? It's got rabbitude, what's not to like?"

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

He knows I've got this log in, QED he knows I'm using it. If he was unhappy about that he would do something about it, you surely can't expect a big dramatic statement from him giving consent? I don't know any forums that operate that way.

Let's face it, who hasn't fallen in love with my gorgeous bunny? It's got rabbitude, what's not to like?

Actually, I really, really hate the bunny. I'm not sure why, but I find it irritating and a bit disturbing to look at. I know that's silly. I also thought it was a cat and not a bunny.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

mikeymike

I'm really hesitant to post in this thread, since posting here contradicts what I'm about to type.

+1 to this. Unless ericSmile has changed his position, we should respect that by not responding to this person.

This whole subject is a big wtf for me. Everyone is free to decide whom to interact with on this message board. I love and respect Eric but I'm also very capable of deciding whose posts are worth my time and whose are not.

Also, it seems worth pointing out (again) that posting to say "don't feed the trolls" or any of  its variants is the message board equivalent of the office email tactic of hitting Reply All to say "STOP REPLYING TO ALL!!"

Which, by they way, I thought was finally extinct in Corporate America until it happened to me just a couple of weeks ago. One of the last remaining people on earth with access to a very large distribution list accidentally copied that very large distribution list on an email regarding a specific customer and for the next several hours my phone was blowing up with "STOP REPLYING TO ALL" and "PLEASE TAKE ME OFF THIS DISTRIBUTION LIST" emails from colleagues all over the world who are apparently still figuring out email. Good times.

Runners run

kk_kittenkat

Actually, I really, really hate the bunny. I'm not sure why, but I find it irritating and a bit disturbing to look at. I know that's silly. I also thought it was a cat and not a bunny.

I've changed it to a picture of my dog. He was rescued from a farm in Ireland when he was 2 months old, he was severely neglected, very scared of people and covered with mange. We nursed him back to health mentally and physically and he is the best running buddy ever, he will be 4 in September, love him to bits Smile

kk_kittenkat

This whole subject is a big wtf for me. Everyone is free to decide whom to interact with on this message board. I love and respect Eric but I'm also very capable of deciding whose posts are worth my time and whose are not.

Also, it seems worth pointing out (again) that posting to say "don't feed the trolls" or any of  its variants is the message board equivalent of the office email tactic of hitting Reply All to say "STOP REPLYING TO ALL!!"

Which, by they way, I thought was finally extinct in Corporate America until it happened to me just a couple of weeks ago. One of the last remaining people on earth with access to a very large distribution list accidentally copied that very large distribution list on an email regarding a specific customer and for the next several hours my phone was blowing up with "STOP REPLYING TO ALL" and "PLEASE TAKE ME OFF THIS DISTRIBUTION LIST" emails from colleagues all over the world who are apparently still figuring out email. Good times.

I had one of those in work a few months ago, it was an email that was sent out to professional people all over the UK who are involved in my field of work (by mistake). It then got many many replies asking to be taken off the mailing list, followed by many people getting really pissed of with all the emails and DEMANDING to be taken off the list. Everyone got very SHOUTY and it was great fun to watch Smile

Kalsarikännit

Darn it, Michael, it was originally pointed out that the RA peeps can talk to whomever they choose, and yes,  responding to Cuckoo for Cocopuffs may indeed be redundant, but I thought my PSA might help  those that didn't read the "bully" thread, or those not in the group that gets the endless, drunken nutbaggery and abuse.

But now she thinks you're her friend and is going to be found next week in your kitchen at 3 am, boiling Jasper.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Kalsarikännit

I love and respect Eric  

But, yeah. This can't be said enough.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

"But now she thinks you're her friend and is going to be found next week in your kitchen at 3 am, boiling Jasper."

Still funny. A bunch of hours later.

kk_kittenkat

Darn it, Michael, it was originally pointed out that the RA peeps can talk to whomever they choose, and yes,  responding to Cuckoo for Cocopuffs may indeed be redundant, but I thought my PSA might help  those that didn't read the "bully" thread, or those not in the group that gets the endless, drunken nutbaggery and abuse.

But now she thinks you're her friend and is going to be found next week in your kitchen at 3 am, boiling Jasper.

Please stop being unpleasant about this. None of this is anything to do with you. I don't even know who you are, but just be nice or leave the thread

jamlevasseur29

It is both good and bad.  Good that more people are exercising and trying something new.  Also good that they  realize how hard it really is to race.  Bad when those people line up in front and you have to dodge them to get  out.  That is my biggest peeve about it

kk_kittenkat

It is both good and bad.  Good that more people are exercising and trying something new.  Also good that they  realize how hard it really is to race.  Bad when those people line up in front and you have to dodge them to get  out.  That is my biggest peeve about it

I wonder whether people don't understand the system at large races or just don't know their own ability. I've seen people start next to the 90 min pacer at a half marathon and then run at 10min mile pace!

kk_kittenkat

"But now she thinks you're her friend and is going to be found next week in your kitchen at 3 am, boiling Jasper."

I hope that donkey has a kill cord.

Prince of Fatness

+1

Not at it at all. 

kk_kittenkat

+1

I have no idea who you are either!