The Future of RunningAHEAD (Read 8024 times)

Thanks, eric, for your dedication to this site.  Good luck at the upcoming wedding!

I love the running log and the tight-knit community that this site provides.  I'll be hanging around, no matter which way you decide to set up the site...ads or membership fee.  Might be a good idea to offer a trial membership to newbies.  Just a though...  Michele

Michele in NC

Thanks Eric - its a great site.   Good luck and best wishes, I hope the ads are a huge success and won't keep me from using it regularly.

De-slacking in progress

If it wasn't for your website and the RA community, I wouldn't be running at all. When I have a running question, I don't use a search engine- I use Runningahead.com.

There is NO other site that has everything you provide. Bring on the ads. I'll click on one each time I login in.!

Congrats on your marriage!

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

runjoelrun

Eric, congrats on your up coming wedding.  I fully support your decision to make this a full time job.  As I've said in the past, no other site comes close, and that with you only working part time.  Amazing.  I'm all for a subscription based program to eliminate ads because nothing in this world is free.  Your time, effort, and ingenuity are super appreciated.  Again, thanks.

-Joel

Or_Brew_Dad

Eric,

Just wanted to say thanks for all you do with this site.  I just sent a donation your way, one that was long overdue.  My wife and I have used your site for years and consistently recommend it others looking for an online log.  Best wishes for the future.

Chad

tph

This is the best running log online. You have my support, Ads or no Ads, I'm sticking with RA. =)

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Eric, I would gladly donate or pay a membership fee - anywhere from $12 to $24 per year would be reasonable, I think.

all the best to you, thanks for an awesome log, and congrats to you and future wife! Smile

Anyone have pizza?

First of all, congratulations on you getting married.  I found my lucky lady last year and it's been a dream come true.  Secondly, shame on that company for not keeping a person of your talents.  As for the future for this site, it's exciting to see what you can do, especially considering all that you've done already.  I totally support whatever decision you make, Eric.  I've used your site to log over 8000 miles, and I will continue to use your site for at least another 40,000 miles more!

paulla

Eric,

Been a user of this site for a couple years. Happy to help out for a subscription fee.

Not only do I use this site daily, but I recommend the log to every runner and beginning runner I know. I'd be fine with ads or an ad-free subscription, as long as I get to keep RA.

Congratulations, and thanks for all you do!

If I had a dollar for every time I said that, I'd be making money in a very weird way. - Mitch Hedberg

cfw0047

My girlfriend and I just found this site about three or four weeks ago and we love, love, love it.  Your site is so much faster than MapMyRun, and easier to use.  Thanks for your time and dedication.  I hope the ads will help you make a living - we'd seriously consider a subscription for an ad-free experience.

rokinrob

Hi Eric,

Congrats on the wedding and on starting your own business.

Johan Cruijf, a soccer-guru over here in the Netherlands, once said: 'Every disadvantage has it's advantage'...

Ads are OK (I'll click on them) and I'm also willing to pay for the log.

Best Regards,

Rob

Tykesmom

Cool  Eric, I wish you the best of luck with you wedding and your new venture! I think what you are doing is a wonderful idea!  A few ads aren't going to scare anyone off, and it could be a bonus if they offer great running equipment!!!!  We're sticking with you!!!

Thanks for everything!

Kim

theurbanfelix

I am fairly new to your fantastic RA site.  Thank you for keeping your vision.  Ads are fine by me! Smile  Good luck in all your endeavours!

Best running log on the web!!!