Chris’ Quasi-Undertrained Lincoln Marathon Report (w/ photos) (Read 891 times)

That was some race report. I guess this was a special experience for you. That is wonderful. I want to see you around here for the next 2 years. I bet by then you will be amazed at your accomplishment. By the way you look pretty fine before that ice bath.
      Screw that.
      +1 Nice job Chris! Thank you for this report, God bless and keep it going!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Wow, nice job Chris. Sooo, what's next?
        As much as I’d like to go again sooner (seriously, I’d love to try again next week), I’m doing MCM in October. I’ll amp the training and expand my base and see what 6 months of consistent running does for me.
        That was some race report. I guess this was a special experience for you. That is wonderful. I want to see you around here for the next 2 years. I bet by then you will be amazed at your accomplishment.
        I hope to be here even longer, and hope you’re there to cheer me on then. After MCM I’m taking a year off from (serious) racing and exploding my midweek mileage to see if I can do some serious damage on a ‘thon in fall 2010. I think 18 months of a consistent build will do me some good.

Chris
        PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

#artbydmcbride

Great race, great report, and really great photos! Smile You are quite the little cutie. I pictured you very different. Blush

Runners run

Very nice report and congratulations on completing a marathon. I enjoyed reading it but I can't turn down a free beer out of principle.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Member Since 2008

Congratulations!
                I hoped I’d walk away with a better understanding of 26.2 and how to run the race. Instead, I’m more confused.
                I dunno, the marathon's a bitch of a run, and you seem to understand that pretty well. If you really understand the marathon, I think it's time to move on to ultras. The state of confusion welcomes you, well done!

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

hmrunner

Great job Chris! I was at the Lincoln Marathon too. I took the option to run the half marathon due to stomach discomfort - I did vomit - and almost immediately regretted my decision after crossing the finish line for the half. I admire your persistence and will to continue despite the pain. Way to go marathon runner!
                    That was an awesome report!
                    Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers