2015 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 689 times)

bhearn

#3766 for me, 4th corral, off 2:59:48. About the same time got me 2nd corral in 2010.

Julia1971

Number and waves are up on BAA.

3:12:22 got me wave 2 corral 1.

Thanks for the heads up!  I guess they got them up a little early.  I got 2/5.  I think that was the same as last year, which makes sense because my qualifying times were only something like 30 seconds different.

FSBD

2:55:05 got me 1/3

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

2/6  Same as last year, all fine

Julia1971

We're neighbors!  Smile

Excellent! Fleet feet and good luck for your goal race too.

Julia1971

Excellent! Fleet feet and good luck for your goal race too.

Thanks!  The forecast is for 40 degrees and rain. (I should have warned this thread that I bring bad weather to my marathons).  And, I just found out today they changed the course recently and added a pretty steep hill at Mile 22.  Hills really aren't my thing...  I'll post a race report.

doctorjen

I'll be behind y'all in 3/6. Bib 21227 (squeaked in with 3:42:49)

good luck Julia!

lagwagon

2:55:05 got me 1/3

i'm with fsbd in wave 1 corral 3.  bib 2138

this is getting real, and i havent booked a flight yet.  starting to look like i'll be driving or on amtrak.

Thanks!  The forecast is for 40 degrees and rain. (I should have warned this thread that I bring bad  better than snow or heat wave weather to my marathons).  And, I just found out today they changed the course recently and added a pretty steep hill at Mile 22.  Hills really aren't  will be my thing this time!...  I'll post a race report.

There, FTFY! Get after it as best you can and then a few weeks later show Boston how it's done. Believe.

Julia1971

There, FTFY! Get after it as best you can and then a few weeks later show Boston how it's done. Believe.

Thanks!  I'm pulling myself out of it.  This is what I posted in the marathoner dailies:

Is the marathoner who ran MCM and NYCM back-to-back afraid of a hill?  Is the marathoner who ran in 90 degree Boston afraid of some rain?  I forgot who I was for a minute. 

xhristopher

#3766 for me, 4th corral, off 2:59:48. About the same time got me 2nd corral in 2010.

#3729 for me, 4th corral, off 2:59:43. About 4 minutes slower got me #3732 in 2011.

Also, I noted that the second wave starts with 8000 this year, not 9000.

bhearn

That makes sense. They were talking about keeping four waves, but with a field of 30,000 instead of last year's 36,000. Any idea what the wave 1/2 cutoff is? Based on Bucci's place I'm guessing 3:11ish...

So much of what was traditional about Boston has totally changed just in the 10 years I've been running it. I can only assume that degree of change is mostly a modern thing, and that change was slower before that, but I don't know. When I started in 2005 start was at noon, there was no wave start, the first digit(s) of your bib was your corral, we got to run across instead of under Mass. Ave in the last mile, and gear bags were allowed in Athlete's Village (duh). And you could register up until I think March. All of those things were true for most or all of the history of the race, I believe.

And of course the field has gotten faster every year. That, at least, must reverse an earlier trend... when was it that 2:50 was the only BQ time, for everyone?

7353. I'm in 1/8 off a 3:09:47 qualifier. Same corral as last year (iirc), but a higher bib # by several hundred (nope, went back and checked, wrong about that last part, bib # was higher last year)

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

xhristopher

I think wave 1 for this year's field is slower than last year. At least the qualifying times are slower.

Cutoff for my corral was a minute faster last year. Cutoff for the 9th corral (wave 1) was under 3:13. This year 3:13 gets you in the "9th."