2015 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 689 times)

jpdeaux

With a goal for under 3 hours wonder if we will catch a lot of the first wave and have to weave a bit.

I doubt it would be enough people to make any difference at all. With 25 minutes between Wave starts, worst case, the slowest Wave 1 runners are still miles ahead of you for quite a while.

bhearn

Isn't it 20 minutes between waves now? If you are going for sub-3 from wave 2 you will certainly pass tons of wave 1 people towards the end. Have to weave, I doubt it.

Should be fun. Which is why they don't let you drop back to the first corral of a higher wave. Good job gaming the system! 

bhearn

If all goes as planned I should get passed by about 5,000 people in the first 20 miles ... and pass most of them back in the last 10k.

Looks like you've got this Boston thing down.

mikeymike

Looks like you've got this Boston thing down.

On paper, anyway.

Runners run

eddiegotsole

Pavement Shredder

6185 - Corral 1 / Wave 7 - 1st Boston!

I qualified with a 3:06 but won't be anywhere near that considering the birth of my first child has affected my ability to train.  I will try to enjoy this race and the entire Boston Marathon experience, but I'm afraid that I will get caught up and go out too fast with the crowd in my wave.  If that happens  I  see myself in A LOT of pain toward the latter part of the race.

5012 1/6

Mysecondnewname

2/7

1178 gets me first wave, second corral but training in the Boston area has been a total nightmare this winter, so this could be another case  of not placing anywhere near my seeding.*  But I'll be hangin' with Mikey and Nemo so it's all good.

*2014 was an epic, hellacious, horrendous debacle including a shower of sparks and flames somewhere after mile 20.  Like Pops Goes the 4th on the Esplanade.  Oooooooo....ahhhhhhh!

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

No Talent Drips

Out kicked by BadDawg, per usual. 1191.

Dei Gratia

northernman

Fight The Future

What are peoples' plans for packing for the start? I didn't go last year, so missed the hassle of not having a check bag at Hopkinton. Any good or unsuccessful strategies?

My favorite clothing choice was local fast 50-something runner Robert Cipriano who went to Goodwill to purchase a stylish suit jacket that got tossed at the start.

What are peoples' plans for packing for the start? I didn't go last year, so missed the hassle of not having a check bag at Hopkinton. Any good or unsuccessful strategies?

bhearn

Trash bag.

djschroeder4

I'm out this year.  I finished nursing school and started a job in my new career and will have to work that weekend.  It's ok though- I'll be running the Eugene marathon three weeks later.  That will be awesome.

Julia1971

I'm out this year.  I finished nursing school and started a job in my new career and will have to work that weekend.  It's ok though- I'll be running the Eugene marathon three weeks later.  That will be awesome.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to run but Eugene is on my list of marathons I may want to run someday.  It seems pretty cool.

Julia1971

If anyone is interested, I posted a race report for RnR DC in the Marathoner Dailies.