2015 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 689 times)

onemile

Wave 2, corral 5 for me. Passport arrive yesterday. 

northernman

Fight The Future

Well 30 degrees and snowing and wind in face on run on the Boston Course.  Only good thing got to see former Patriots Linebacker Tedy Bruschi handing water at a low key place near Wellesley.  Got home and my door was locked and no one had a key so had to wait for a locksmith.  75 bucks and in my house.  The run itself felt fine.

Bummer.

Ever since I installed one of these on my front door, my wife has loved it (me too).

Julia1971

Well 30 degrees and snowing and wind in face on run on the Boston Course.  Only good thing got to see former Patriots Linebacker Tedy Bruschi handing water at a low key place near Wellesley.  Got home and my door was locked and no one had a key so had to wait for a locksmith.  75 bucks and in my house.  The run itself felt fine.

Man, that's rough about the lockout.  Very cool that you got to run the course, though.  I can't believe it's still snowing up there!

I thought winter was over - I even put my super warm running clothes in storage - but it's 30 degrees today with a windchill of 17.  Brrrr!

Otherwise, I've been dealing with piriformis or high hamstring soreness this week.  I decided to stretch yesterday and realized that they're tight as all get out - I could barely touch my toes.  I'm hoping more/regular stretching this week will help.  Still, I managed 70 miles this week.  I'll try to keep that up this week and then taper (again).

3 more weeks ladies and gentlemen.  Who's ready to do this?

Sorry.  My first time and I am a little over-excited!!!!!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

So, Saturday I saw someone jogging around with a vibrant purple sweet-jacket.  Huh?  Almost went to tackle the guy and rip it off him shouting, "Dude, baaad luck!"  Pretty sure he was a charity runner . . . or severely injured already and because of sad luck.

No respect, these people.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

xhristopher

So, Saturday I saw someone jogging around with a vibrant purple sweet-jacket.  Huh?  Almost went to tackle the guy and rip it off him shouting, "Dude, baaad luck!"  Pretty sure he was a charity runner . . . or severely injured already and because of sad luck.

No respect, these people.

I've seen plenty of them already. Nothing beats the hot year (2012) when it was 85 degrees and folks were still wearing them around town.

On Sunday I saw a guy racing in his brand new sweet jacket. He walked by before the race and everybody sitting around me just sort of looked at each other and went "noooo" and shook their heads.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Well you have to wear it. I don't care if you're in a tropical rainforest.  Question, though: Is it vibrant purple or is it blue?  Do we need a poll?

onemile

Well you have to wear it. I don't care if you're in a tropical rainforest.  Question, though: Is it vibrant purple or is it blue?  Do we need a poll?

It is definitely purple.

mikeymike

Buncha tourists.

Runners run

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

It is definitely purple.

So frigg'n purple we need ask men to hand in their Man-Card for wearing it.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Julia1971

It is definitely purple.

I haven't seen the jacket live.  I have the storm half-zip, which looks purple on the website and in the booklet we got this week, but I would say it's blue.  I'm waiting to see it at the expo.  My wallet might be safe this year.

northernman

Fight The Future

Hmm, too early to start looking at weather reports, I suppose… I just don't want a hot day is all. I guess if Julia is running it will probably be hurricane winds and sleet though.

Julia1971

Hmm, too early to start looking at weather reports, I suppose… I just don't want a hot day is all. I guess if Julia is running it will probably be hurricane winds and sleet though.

None of my marathons have had locusts.  I'm predicting locusts.

onemile

I haven't seen the jacket live.  I have the storm half-zip, which looks purple on the website and in the booklet we got this week, but I would say it's blue.  I'm waiting to see it at the expo.  My wallet might be safe this year.

I actually liked it a lot better in person.