2015 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 689 times)

bhearn

Boston also has to be a fun run for me this year, alas, because I have Umstead 100 two weeks earlier.

So Umstead was actually three weeks before Boston. I'm not trained up to run a fast marathon, but I feel good, weight is down, the forecast looks good, at least in terms of temps... if we get a decent tailwind I may have to go for it.

xhristopher

So Umstead was actually three weeks before Boston. I'm not trained up to run a fast marathon, but I feel good, weight is down, the forecast looks good, at least in terms of temps... if we get a decent tailwind I'll be pacing X.

FSBD

That reminded me, I've been meaning to ask; Where is a good place to get a terrain adjusted pace band?

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Yeah, where can we get one of those? Also, where can I find a pacer for sub 3:12 in wave 2? Any of those out there?

That reminded me, I've been meaning to ask; Where is a good place to get a terrain adjusted pace band?

bhearn

That one I hand constructed. IMO it's much better that what you will find online. I'll make them for others if desired (I have a spreadsheet). It's based on starting slow, speeding up at the half, easy over the hills, and letting it rip at the top of Heartkreak. Factors in a slight negative split. It's worked well for me the past 8 years.

xhristopher

Here's the one that is usually shared.

Yeah, where can we get one of those? Also, where can I find a pacer for sub 3:12 in wave 2? Any of those out there?

I got a really good excel workbook that calculates your splits from the Boston terrain and your goal time from Bui (I think) a while back, one of the tabs has a wristband that you can print out...trying to figure out how to upload/share it.

Nevermind, X beat me to it.

xhristopher

The hard part is running those splits -- and I'm talking about holding back in the early miles.

FSBD

Thanks that is very helpful.

We are the music makers,

bhearn

Uh. You might be able to get useful splits out of that if you customize it just the right way. You have to already know how to run the course correctly, though, to do that. Mine just gets it right. Just saying. To each his own.

FSBD

Uh. You might be able to get useful splits out of that if you customize it just the right way. You have to already know how to run the course correctly, though, to do that. Mine just gets it right. Just saying. To each his own.

Well since this is my first time I would appreciate your advice on pacing.

Would you mind making me 3 since I'm still a bit undecided about how I will pace it?

We are the music makers,

bhearn

No problem. If people post their goal times I'm happy to make a bunch. You can use them or not.

Just sent you a PM, but 3:12.

Thanks!

No problem. If people post their goal times I'm happy to make a bunch. You can use them or not.

FSBD

2:55

2:57

3:00

Thank you very much sir.

We are the music makers,