2015 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 689 times)

jebl00

This is be my 13th Boston, not consecutive.  It's been a tough year of illness, and injuries, so  my goal will is to re-qualify at Boston.  I blew my fall marathon this year, last year I qualified on the same course with 12 minutes to spare, this year I miss it by 1 minute.  Right now I'm  just working on getting healthy so I can start training!

onemile

I submitted my updated qualifying time about a month ago but haven't heard anything.  Will they send a new postcard confirmation? I think I accidentally threw mine out.

xhristopher

I submitted my updated qualifying time about a month ago but haven't heard anything.  Will they send a new postcard confirmation? I think I accidentally threw mine out.

I submitted about a month ago and got a new postcard neatly sealed in an envelope within 3 weeks. Perhaps it depends on the race you ran. I'd give it a little more time. You have plenty of time to sort it out.

I submitted about a month ago and got a new postcard neatly sealed in an envelope within 3 weeks. Perhaps it depends on the race you ran. I'd give it a little more time. You have plenty of time to sort it out.

I got an email confirming the receipt of my update request.  They said upon confirmation of the time I would get a new postcard in a neatly sealed envelope.

Ready, go.

xhristopher

I got an email confirming the receipt of my update request.  They said upon confirmation of the time I would get a new postcard in a neatly sealed envelope.

I never got a confirmation email. They must like you more than me and onemile less than me.

bhearn

I expect to submit a new time this weekend, so we will have one more data point. If I don't... that will be bad.

FSBD

I submitted a new time and have not heard a thing and I ran the same race as X and Tara.

I'm planning to let it go until after the holidays then if I haven't seen anything I will contact them.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

onemile

Good to know hearing nothing is normal. I'll wait patiently for my new card.

xhristopher

They must like me a little since I got my card already. They also rounded my qualifying second down from 43.9 to 43. That's got to be worth a dozen bib numbers for me as I move back to start from wave 2.

bhearn

They must like me a little since I got my card already. They also rounded my qualifying second down from 43.9 to 43. That's got to be worth a dozen bib numbers for me as I move back to start from wave 2.

When 2:59 puts you in wave two, we are in a brave new world indeed.

xhristopher

When 2:59 puts you in wave two, we are in a brave new world indeed.

When I had 3732 for a bib number I ran from the last corral of wave 1 to run with someone. Of course it was almost 90 degrees (because of Trent) and I was just looking to enjoy survive run. I don't expect to improve on that this time even with a better qualifier.

mylestones

This will be my first Boston (and  2nd ever marathon). After my qualifier, I had a string of setbacks with a strained tendon, then a hip issue, and then most recently (as everything was feeling great), a metatarsal stress fracture. I'm nowhere near the marathon base I'd wanted to be at going into an 18 week plan. Just finished a week of only 22 miles, only "cleared" by my PT to be running 3x week and at a pitter-patter pace. But I'm determined to toe the line in April in good health. I was originally hoping to run this first marathon as a masters sub 3:30. (I ran conservatively in my qualifier--a hillier, hot course in California in 3:36.). Now my time goal feels further out of reach as I'm not able to train at the levels I'd hoped. Still, I'm hopeful that with lots of cross training (nordic skiing, ellptical, weights, etc.) in addition to slowly getting the base back up, I can still make a good run at a PR.

I trained with the Pfitz 18/55 for my first marathon, and had hoped to do the 18/70 this go round. But that's a pipe dream given my current base! I'd be happy to be able to do the 18/55 again. Either way, I can't wait to get back to full speed and full training!

Boston's fun. This will be my 8th consecutive. My two fastest marathons have been here (and also my slowest 2012). I hope to return to the valley of sub-3 for 2015. Unfortunately, I'll be stuck back in corral 8 wave 1 like 2014, where it took 6+ minutes to cross the starting line. No worries about going out too fast.

xhristopher

Boston's fun. This will be my 8th consecutive. My two fastest marathons have been here (and also my slowest 2012). I hope to return to the valley of sub-3 for 2015. Unfortunately, I'll be stuck back in corral 8 wave 1 like 2014, where it took 6+ minutes to cross the starting line. No worries about going out too fast.

You can move back to wave 2 corral 2 like me. I hear that's the promised land. I'm looking forward to it.

Have they already announced cut-off times for the corrals?

Ready, go.