2015 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 689 times)

Feeling the growl again

Well after taking 4 attempts to actually finish a marathon and get a qualifier as I struggled with a hip injury, it was all for naught.  I have to be in Philly for work while Boston is being run and there is no getting out of it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

Oh, no way. :-(

C-R

Well after taking 4 attempts to actually finish a marathon and get a qualifier as I struggled with a hip injury, it was all for naught.  I have to be in Philly for work while Boston is being run and there is no getting out of it.

Boo.

Perhaps you can hit one of those $40M lotteries between now and then and can tell the man to stick it.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Oh!  That's too bad.

steph  

Y

Going back for my third time!

runnershawn

First Training Run today with some snow and wind.  Did a small progressions down to marathon pace and it felt hard and then felt smooth then hard then smooth again so just about what it should feel right now.  Had a little dance on an icy spot, that would have hurt.  Always seems like a dusting is much worst than a few inches, just makes it slippery and then covers the icy spots.  Next week hoping to ramp up the mileage and get this thing started.  Happy Training

Julia1971

First look at the jacket.  Link   I'm not thrilled with the colors.  Will you be buying?

Probably...  But only because I think it might be my college undergrad colors.  I thought the stripes were pink and white but the Boston Magazine article is reporting that that's orange.  Otherwise, I probably wouldn't.

Julia1971

Boo.

Perhaps you can hit one of those $40M lotteries between now and then and can tell the man to stick it.

+1.  Try ages of your children, birthdays, and anniversaries.  I hear those are lucky numbers.

Or, maybe the work trip will be cancelled?

Feeling the growl again

+1.  Try ages of your children, birthdays, and anniversaries.  I hear those are lucky numbers.

Or, maybe the work trip will be cancelled?

Work trip will not be canceled.  Big international conference.  The dumbest part is that it is my fault -- I deliberately checked the date before registering for Boston...heck, before bothering to run a qualifier.  All I can figure is that I checked the date for the WRONG YEAR.  No way this is not totally my fault for registering in the first place.  "Here's your sign".  Can't remember feeling as stupid as I did this morning.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

doctorjen

spaniel-looks like a short flight, no chance you could just fly Sunday night and back Monday night?

I actually kind of like the colors.   I also have to admit that I've been saving up all my competitive jerk points to use on wearing Boston gear everywhere after the race...

It's so cold here (KC), I've been really friendly with my treadmill. I'm bundling up tomorrow and joining crazy friends though for a long trail run because I just can't take a long treadmill run after running on it every day this week.  I purposefully took a down period for the month before starting Boston training because I'd been running a fair amount of miles for me with no significant break for a while. I'm just starting to feel a little life come in to the legs again. I cut my first tempo run week one down by 1 mile, but have managed to run everything since, so I'm starting to feel like I'll make it into marathon shape!

Julia1971

Work trip will not be canceled.  Big international conference.  The dumbest part is that it is my fault -- I deliberately checked the date before registering for Boston...heck, before bothering to run a qualifier.  All I can figure is that I checked the date for the WRONG YEAR.  No way this is not totally my fault for registering in the first place.  "Here's your sign".  Can't remember feeling as stupid as I did this morning.

Rats!  Sorry.  Sad

Boston seems late this year.  It feels like it should be the week before.  I associate it with Tax Day - April 15th.

Julia1971

spaniel-looks like a short flight, no chance you could just fly Sunday night and back Monday night?

I actually kind of like the colors.   I also have to admit that I've been saving up all my competitive jerk points to use on wearing Boston gear everywhere after the race...

It's so cold here (KC), I've been really friendly with my treadmill. I'm bundling up tomorrow and joining crazy friends though for a long trail run because I just can't take a long treadmill run after running on it every day this week.  I purposefully took a down period for the month before starting Boston training because I'd been running a fair amount of miles for me with no significant break for a while. I'm just starting to feel a little life come in to the legs again. I cut my first tempo run week one down by 1 mile, but have managed to run everything since, so I'm starting to feel like I'll make it into marathon shape!

I hardly ever wear my Boston jacket.  It's not all that comfortable.  I bought this shirt last year and wear it a lot.  It's a slightly more subtle way of being a competitive jerk.  Wink

Feeling the growl again

Nope.  Working 12-16 hour days.

Julia1971

Nope.  Working 12-16 hour days.

I took you off the roster but if that lottery thing works out, I can add you back on.  Smile

C-R

Oh yeah Julia, I forgot to mention I'm running again this year. Goal is a new PR - < 3:10

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/