2015 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 689 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

sayhey stevieray!  stop exaggerating.  BTW, I quoted you recently over on the Harpeth Hills thread.  (And a slender thread it is).

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

runnershawn

I hope everyone is getting some good training in (especially the north easterners).

We are all miserable treadmill runners after a blizzard and anotherfing16inches storms.  34 Inches of snow in a week and think we are getting more Sad

But, the PATRIOTS WON!!!  so aint all bad

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

We are all miserable treadmill runners after a blizzard and anotherfing16inches storms.  34 Inches of snow in a week and think we are getting more Sad

Hope it doesn't look like that on April 20.

bhearn

Hope it doesn't look like that on April 20.

I flew into Boston a week early for my first one, in 2005. It was snowing. Got up to 80ish on race day. I'd take snow over that, if the roads were clear.

mikeymike

The roads are the biggest shit show I've ever seen right now, but they are unlikely to still be on April 20.

My last 3 runs were:

Sun - 17 mi (treadmill)

Tue - 11 mi (treadmill)

Wed - 12 mi (treadmill)

I think those are the 3 longest treadmill runs of my life, or maybe the 11 tied my previous PR. The only reason I didn't also run on the TM on Monday was my gym actually closed that day.

Runners run

xhristopher

A coworker went out to see the parade. She liked it so much that she ran down a side street to see it again. I think she would have run a marathon today if it meant she could see Edelman every mile, especially after she saw him spike his cardigan.

mikeymike

Looks like Smoothie Tyme.

Someone get that man his own cooking show, stat.

Runners run

northernman

Fight The Future

I got the BAA email saying I should be doing 3 sets of wall squats, 2 minutes each, 3 x a week. Holy moly, i can only hold it for 80 seconds. Anybody else doing these?

xhristopher

Ran some of the Boston course last night. It was clear with great footing. The sun was even out in Framingham.

FSBD

That view looks very familiar.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

I have an unnatural hatred for all things Patriots which is my right from having the curse of being a Buffalo Bills fan.  However, I don't understand all the attention that drunken fool Edelman is getting from the parade.  Doesn't the NFL already have an image problem with the players?  How is condoning binge drinking a good image to present to all the kids out there who look up to these guys?

A coworker went out to see the parade. She liked it so much that she ran down a side street to see it again. I think she would have run a marathon today if it meant she could see Edelman every mile, especially after she saw him spike his cardigan.

xhristopher

Doesn't the NFL already have an image problem with the players?  How is condoing binge drinking a good image to present to all the kids out there who look up to these guys?

You mean chugging beers and spiking them on the street might give one a bad image?

Gronkowski is a native Buffalonian so he is forgiven.

You mean chugging beers and spiking them on the street might give one a bad image?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hey, Beer Milers!

Julia1971

I got the BAA email saying I should be doing 3 sets of wall squats, 2 minutes each, 3 x a week. Holy moly, i can only hold it for 80 seconds. Anybody else doing these?

I decided to give this a go and managed 2 sets of 10 seconds.  I probably could do a 3rd but I don't want to.