San Diego RNR vs LA (Read 752 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

LA: Plusses: my home town *snif*), they've reinstated the old loop course, passes within half a block of my mom's house. Negatives: 8 am start on May 25 means heat will probably be an issue. However, the website says start time may be moved up. RNR SD: Plusses: I'll be vacationing there with family that weekend, should be reasonable weather, I can stalk srlopez. Negatives: srlopez can stalk me. Arla

Ex runner

xor

LA's yanked people around on the date a couple times... and while adjusting the start time earlier would be a great thing, I'd be ready for them to do it at the last minute, or perhaps fiddle with it repeatedly, etc. The new org hasn't given me any feel-goods that they really know anything about running. Plus their website for a little while looked like it was designed by a 3rd grader at 2am. Is a little better now. Anyway, even if I lived in/near LA, I'd pass on this one for 2009 and see if they can pull it off. SD isn't an inspired course and it is a whole lot of purple TNT people with which to contend. It can be hot, just like LA. I'm surprised at myself for signing up for it, actually... never been one of my favs. But I did. Haven't done it in years. You could also consider the OC marathon which got moved to May as well. Or run all of them.

#artbydmcbride

OC marathon, Palos Verdes marathon, they are also in May.

Runners run

Mitch & Pete's Mom

SD isn't an inspired course. Except for the part of the course that runs through Mission Bay where Aimster lives. I'm surprised at myself for signing up for it, actually... never been one of my favs. But I did. Haven't done it in years. But I'm looking forward to being stalked by Aimster.
          Fixed that for you.
          Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.

#artbydmcbride

Phooey, this stalking srlopez gig is getting crowded. Maybe we could take shifts?

Runners run

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Phooey, this stalking srlopez gig is getting crowded. Maybe we could take shifts?
              You posted first you get first dibs on him.
              Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.

#artbydmcbride

deal! Smile I'll take 7am to noon

Runners run

xor

I love having married women swoon over me!

#artbydmcbride

Only virtual swooning. Smile

Runners run

Queen of 3rd Place

I love having married women swoon over me!
                      Then I think we're going to need your full racing schedule. Evil grin What do you do, something like two a month? More?

Ex runner

xor

Then I think we're going to need your full racing schedule. Evil grin What do you do, something like two a month? More?
                        More. My race schedule this year is dicey, though, which is why I haven't posted it yet. I have some things to attend. (to attend to?)

Queen of 3rd Place

OC marathon, Palos Verdes marathon, they are also in May.
                          Funny - I got a call last night from a friend in DC who wants to run OC. Palos Verdes - must be pretty hilly, eh? Thanks for the headsup! Arla

Ex runner

All business

I've run both of those. It looks like they changed the LA route, but SD is the same. While it's true that SD had a ton of TNT folks (which i wouldn't say is a bad thing, even though I'm not one of them), LA had way too many walkers (which is a bad thing as I'm not one of them). Most of whom I got stuck behind at the start because i wasn't corralled and/or didn't arrive early enough. If i were to run one of them again, it would be San Diego. I'm a little surprised no one has suggested doing both.

"What are you afraid of, failure? So am I. "

-Shatner 

xor

I'm a little surprised no one has suggested doing both.
                              Some of us have elsewhere Smile. I think folks in that area should be looking at May as the opportunity to do all of them from PV through SD rnr.

#artbydmcbride

Yes, Palos Verdes marathon is a little hilly. But very beautiful. Have a great race this weekend, srlopez!

Runners run