ultimate runner's test...... (Read 4097 times)

I thought the question was whether I could disprove that you're not crazy. (And your theory wasn't "proven" but "supported". Come on, if Nike's going to shell out the big bucks for a scientist...)

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm trying to think of a non-poultry version of a turkducken and coming up with nothing. We just don't eat other animals whole. Fish maybe. An anchovy inside of a trout inside of a salmon inside of a tuna inside of a shark? Yes?
      I like how high up that makes me on the food chain, if I eat that. So I decided that what I did earlier was have a bacon-turducken -- I just had the kosher version where you hold the turducken. Hmmm. Maybe I didn't get that part quite right.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

No, he decreased his racing time

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

sport jester

Biomimeticist

No, my theories weren't "supported" they were tested. In three separate tests each dependant upon successful completion of the prior. My first test was with firefighters reproducing their ability to carry 60lbs of base equipment with no heart rate increase compared to walking without the weight and their natural heart rate carrying the equipment before being taught. Second was with volunteer personal trainers to test the strength training techniques to teach the above technique, and finally, with volunteer runners, measuring their heart rates at a given speed, removed from the treadmill and taught to run with the Kenyan walking technique. And their heart rates averaged 20% lower for the same speeds and incline.... So once again, tell me how I do it?

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Seriously, gas anyone ever tried turducken? It is DELISHIOUS! I'm not sure about adding bacon...seems like overkill.
            On flat ground or going up the Empire State Building? Let's clarify exactly what we're discussing here please, because sometimes, if you're not careful, people can bring unrelated material in and clutter up these threads.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

climbing stairs is no different than running up a steep hill.... Its still forward locomotion

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... That's 6:42 a mile, there are a few of us on here who can easily keep that up for 3+ hours for well over a marathon distance if we want to. ...
                I dunno, that's pretty fast. I'm not sure even the fastest marathons can go 6:42 a mile. Well, I mean, while they're ascending the Empire State Building.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

biomechanics is easy, if you change the way you move, you can only move one of two ways, more or less efficient....
                  There's another way to move, on that stairway -- it's a helluva lot more efficient until you hit bottom.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... Tell me how these women can carry 20% of their bodyweight with no energy expenditure increase..
                    I can see that you, as many people, enjoy exaggerating, but really, try not to make claims blatantly disregarding basic physics.

xor

I was going to go with 'dark matter'.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

My connection is that the same muscles to optimize climbing stairs are the same muscles necessary to improve running efficiency and peak speed. In my advice I wrote him, I wrote of the sequence change of muscle firing to efficient climbing. That's the methodology of the Kenyan women, they fire the muscles in their legs in a completely different sequence than you do to carry the weight, and the men do the same when they run.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Its "their" physics, either you can describe it or you can't. I can

sport jester

Biomimeticist

I try not to make claims blatantly disregarding basic physics.
                            Its physics, not magic, and reproducing their skill is easy if you know what principles they're using

xor

Its "their" physics, either you can describe it or you can't. I can
                              But so far, you haven't. And physics kind of works the same for everyone not from Krypton.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

So do you want to learn how to test it yourself right now?