Who all is here and what are you doing? (Read 16874 times)

Basically... run!

I am a teacher too and enjoying my time off as well. I also am training for a HM in October...my first race in two years. I did the HM in Indy and then stopped running. My husband does marathons and I thought I would do one then thought better of it and switched to the HM. Good luck to you!
    Thanks, anewland112. I hope you're having as good a time training as I am. Good luck with your half marathon in October! Smile

Blaine, Glad to have your expertise here. I appreciate your posts.
        I'm Ryan...a 15 1/2 year old Sophomore from Springfield, OH. I started running the summer before 7th grade. I had tried basketball and didn't like it much and a bunch of my friends said that they were running XC so I decided to give it a shot. Well, 4 years later and I'm still running. I've had my share of injuries, namely a stress fracture. But I'm back and just glad to be running without pain. Gearing up for the upcoming cross season...I'm, excited.
          I'm Raymond (Ray) Green, from Winchester, Ky. I'm 55 and I've been a serious runner since '94. The marathon is my favorite event but I enjoy competing in anything from a 5k on up. My PR's are 5k - 20:02, 10k, 42:28, and marathon 3:22:14. All were set in '96. Recent bests are a 5k in 20:29 and 26.2 in 3:38:30. I'm presently training for a shot at my marathon PR in Louisville, Ky. on 10/21. I've ran 14 marathons, qualified for Boston 3 times (but never ran it), and I'm already BQ'd for 2008.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

I've ran 14 marathons, qualified for Boston 3 times (but never ran it), and I'm already BQ'd for 2008.
            Well, I've already agreed to not run it so that my friends who are running it for the first time can have good weather, so you should be all set on that point! (I ran it in 2005 w/the sun and the heat, skipped the beautiful weather in 2006, and ran in the nor'easter in 2007.)

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Well, I've already agreed to not run it so that my friends who are running it for the first time can have good weather, so you should be all set on that point! (I ran it in 2005 w/the sun and the heat, skipped the beautiful weather in 2006, and ran in the nor'easter in 2007.)
              Wow ... you hit the extremes on both ends of the scale. I have no plans to run Boston in the near future. If life goes my way, I have Louisville KY coming up in October, Philly in November, Sarasota FL in March '08, and Green Bay in May. As long as my fitness and my wife's budget hold up, that's my plan. Shocked

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

As a way of introduction my name is Brad and I currently reside in Mexico City. Over the past year or so running has become an integral part of my life and has helped me through some tough times. I am the founder of the Running4Recovery program and have recently had the opportunity to work with Eric in integrating the RunningAhead log within the R4R site. After researching various logs on the web it was evident to me that RunningAhead had the most to offer. I contacted Eric and he was kind enough to allow R4R to use his site. Not only to he allow us to use it, he fully integrated the program. RunningAhead has a great forum as well and I look forward to future conversations. Saludos Big grin
                  Very good. Smile Smile I recently ran a race called the Run for Recovery, sponsored by a recovery home for alcoholics. A great pal in the running community got them to start it. He recovered there in the early-mid 90's and took up running once he returned to the mainstream of society. They started the race in 2001. He is the RD and they put on a great event. Wishing you all the best in your endeavors.

Very good. Smile Smile I recently ran a race called the Run for Recovery, sponsored by a recovery home for alcoholics. A great pal in the running community got them to start it. He recovered there in the early-mid 90's and took up running once he returned to the mainstream of society. They started the race in 2001. He is the RD and they put on a great event. Wishing you all the best in your endeavors.
                    Thanks for the response. That is very interesting to learn that there is already a race called run for recovery. Any chance that you can send me your friends email and contact information. I am trying to get some support aroung the program and it looks like your friend could be a great contact. I am also planning an ultra event and could use some suuport/advice. b_holzworth@hotmail.com
                      An email is on the way. Best of luck to you and all your associates. Smile

An email is on the way. Best of luck to you and all your associates. Smile
                        Thanks. I really appreciate it. Hope you enjoy your run in Philadelphia. I ran it last year and it was my best run to date (3:30). I didn't have a time goal and was just running it to enjoy the experience. I really enjoyed this race.
                          Can you send the email again. It didn't go through. Thanks
                            Hi my name is Pam, I'm a mother of 5. I started runnng 2 years ago. I'm currently training for the Philadelphia Marathon though I did have a few week hiatus due to neck and back problems ( skiing accident in 2001). I have to say so far I LOVE Running ahead!!!
                            Nice tone Pam! How did you do that after having children? Congrats on the body and best wishes for the marathon.
                            Running is a mental sport, and we are all insane! --Unknown

Just keep running...

Hi, I am Justin in Durango, CO. Ive been running now for just over 3 years. I was inspired to run one day because I wanted to say that I have finished a marathon (At the time I thought it was a very lofty goal). I like to push myself and test limits, so the marathon I chose was the Silverton Alpine Marathon. It starts In Silverton Colorado @ 9300 Ft, then proceeds to climb to 12,930 Ft then back to silverton, all in all 3800 Ft of elevation gain. Within 10 min of starting the race I was sure that it was the best thing I had ever done. I finally finished in 5:04 (an hour ahead of my 6Hr goal time) and have been running ever since. I run almost exclusively trails, and love a challenge of a big climb at high elevation. I look forward to all I can learn from this training log and from the community here.
                              icemanrunner

Hi All, My name is Isaac, I live in Beverly, MA. In 8th grade my shop teacher said since I was tall I would be great for the XC team and proceeded to sucker me into running in high school. I ended up running in college and ten years later I still am running and still having fun. I found this site looking for a online training log but I am loven these forums too. Glad to be apart of your community. Cool

If I die, do I have to go to Practice?