Cheesiest singer or group you secretly like (Read 999 times)

Think Whirled Peas

Sadly, the answer to that question is yes. "Night Rider" was released here during the heyday of the original Knight Rider. Sold something like 30 copies here (One presumes the purchasers were related to Hasselhof in some way), but went platinum in Germany where it was retitled, "Night Rocker."
    Please tell me you did not know this, but had to utilize the powers of the interwebs to find the info? Please? Smile

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Unfortunately I come by this info first hand. I was stationed in Germany during the cresting wave of Hasslehoff-mania, and driven by morbid curiosity, dug into why he was so popular. At the end I felt so...dirty.

Prophet!

Sadly, the answer to that question is yes. "Night Rider" was released here during the heyday of the original Knight Rider. Sold something like 30 copies here (One presumes the purchasers were related to Hasselhof in some way), but went platinum in Germany where it was retitled, "Night Rocker."
        Speaking of Da Hoff...i saw that there will be a new Knight Rider tv show
          Kenny G? Oh wait he's not a singer, and I don't think I would confess if he were? Just looked like an interesting thread. OK I got it. I LIKE BARRY MANILOW I have been waiting so long to get it off my chest. Thanks for lightening my load a bit. Kenny
            I'll watch it at least once. If nothing else than for the fact that Will Arnett ("Arrected Development" and a recurring role on "30 Rock") will be the voice of KITT. Kenny G is jazz for folks that don't like jazz. Hopefully, he acted as a springboard to other players like Tom Scott, David Koz, Junior Walker and David Sanborn.

Think Whirled Peas

SurfNRun, I saw that too and must admit I will probably watch the first few epi's. Night Rider, the original, was one of my favorite shows. I was 9 yo then, and thought KITT was the greatest.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Unfortunately I come by this info first hand. I was stationed in Germany during the cresting wave of Hasslehoff-mania, and driven by morbid curiosity, dug into why he was so popular. At the end I felt so...dirty.
                Why the heck was/is he so popular in Germany? I thought that was some sort of goofy myth/urban legend. But I don't want to expend any more effort than writing this to get an answer.

Imminent Catastrophe

Carpenters aren't cheesy...Karen had a gorgeous voice (altos rule!).
                  Karen Carpenter...cheesy songs, but one of the greatest voices ever. Neil Diamond...his appearance in "The Last Waltz" really boosted his cred, and then there's ""Sweet Caroline". Air Supply...a contender but, Partridge Family?...that's a winner!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I can't believe I am admitting this, but......you know that group 2ge+her? As in "You+Me=Us (the calculus song)" and "The Hardest Part of Breaking up (is getting back your stuff)" They made the brief rounds when I was in middle school. Still love those songs, have them on my MP3 player, and they never fail to make me smile. But then again I also have the "Scotty doesn't know" song, and The Bad Touch by the Bloodhound Gang. I'm even questioning my own taste in music right now. Doh.
                      There's no way I'm reading the whole thread, but I'll go ahead and assume no one has said Stryper yet.....
                      BeeRunB

Meatloaf has to be considered a one hit or maybe two hit wonder. He can't be classified as "cheeseiest" when he has what is thought to be one of the best songs ever.
                        Meat Loaf is no one-hit wonder. He's sold over 70 million albums. I agree that he also is not cheesy. His music is theatrical. Big, Huge, Fun. discography Now that we are clear on that! I do like Partridge Family, Monkees, and even The Brady 6 songs. Why not? The Monkees had some damn good song writers. Never could get into Patrick Swayze or Travolta and their excursions into music. Although, William Shatner is brilliant cheese. Funny, funny stuff. Leonard Nimoy as well/ I like all of these cheese nips a lot: Nimoy Singing Bilbo Baggins Shatner Sings Rocketman Shatner Sings Lucy In The SKY Let us not forget Richard Harris' Macarthur Park (someone left the cake out in the rain...) --Jimmy
                          Meat Loaf is no one-hit wonder. He's sold over 70 million albums. I agree that he also is not cheesy. His music is theatrical. Big, Huge, Fun. discography
                          Hmm, no mention of his work on the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Yup, that's some cheesy Meat Loaf right there.

Amy

Why the heck was/is he so popular in Germany? I thought that was some sort of goofy myth/urban legend. But I don't want to expend any more effort than writing this to get an answer.
                            I have no idea why a tall, blonde haired, blue eyed fella in a cool, talking car would be popular in Germany either. But those wacky Germans...go fig.

My legs are killing me

I have no idea why a tall, blonde haired, blue eyed fella in a cool, talking car would be popular in Germany either. But those wacky Germans...go fig.
                              I am I missing something? When did the Hoff have blond hair?
                              JakeKnight

Hmm, no mention of his work on the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Yup, that's some cheesy Meat Loaf right there.
                                Blasphemy. Eddie was the best character, and Hot Patootie the best song. At least that's what somebody told me. I would never know such a thing.
                                I am I missing something? When did the Hoff have blond hair?
                                I don't know. But he's not at all cheesy:

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------