Export from Garmin Connect to Running Ahead (Read 2582 times)

Anybody know of an easy way to export all the runs from Garmin Connect to a .tcx or .csv file to upload into Running Ahead?

I found the individual run export, but that might take ahwile. Smile

Thanks

Don't you still have the tcx files in your C: \Documents and Settings\YOUR_ID\Application Data\GARMIN\Devices\YOUR_DEVICE_NUMBER\History folder, or do you delete them.  If you still have them, then that is at least half the battle.
      Nike

I have a MAC and I have a garmin 405 CX, any help in uploading my stats would be great!! I just discovered this site and I really excited to get started!!

eric :)

Hrm... not sure how I missed this thread.  Anyway, Garmin Connect doesn't seem to offer a way to export the data.  However, there are talks about an API that will let me extract the data programatically.  I doubt that will be available any time soon since Garmin sacked their entire Garmin Connect team.
          Odious

I wanted to bump this thread up to see if there has been a resolution.

I have a mac, a 405 and just signed up for Connect from Garmin.

Im not seeing how I can get Running Ahead my data with this setup.

ymmv

Hrm... not sure how I missed this thread.  Anyway, Garmin Connect doesn't seem to offer a way to export the data.  However, there are talks about an API that will let me extract the data programatically.  I doubt that will be available any time soon since Garmin sacked their entire Garmin Connect team.

under the map, there is an 'export' button. you can save data as tcx, gpx, or kml.

i still have my 405 data going to garmin connect, but its more like a backup service for me. i much prefer RA for looking at workout data.

Odious

Thank you very much.

I would have never seen that button under there.

I was also able to get my 405 working with RA.

eric :)

under the map, there is an 'export' button. you can save data as tcx, gpx, or kml.

i still have my 405 data going to garmin connect, but its more like a backup service for me. i much prefer RA for looking at workout data.

You can only export individual workouts using this method.  There is no bulk export.  I could be wrong though.