What are your goals for 2008? (Read 1948 times)

I did my first 10k and first HM in 2007 and I'm gateful the latter 2/3 of the year have been injury-free. My goal for 2008: 1. Find time to run (my new job makes it nearly impossible to run in the morning, so I have to be motivated to run after work) and run injury-free. 2. Log 832 miles (16 miles/week). 3. Run a HM under 2:06 (my first was 2:11). For some reason 5K and 10K have lost their appeal, I guess it's because I'm not a fast runner at all, and it's more of a persoanl challenge to see how far I can run instead of how fast because I probably will never get fast. 4. Get my husband to run more consistently. Eunice
      I lost all sense of running dignity in my first 5K race a couple of years ago when I was beaten by a bow-legged, 65ish year old man that smokes. Roll eyes
      Don't you just love that Rick? Excuse me young man (cough, cough). Could you pick up that lung for me? I might need it later. Thank you, you're very kind. I almost don't dare to type it, but I'm hoping like hell to pull off a BQ somehow. Seems impossible for me at the moment, but not long ago I was thinking the same thing about completing 26.2. Maybe with a nice flat course (BayState in October?) and perfect weather conditions and a bit of good luck..... I know this was a great year for you Dave, and you've wrapped it up with a great thread. Love the goals everybody, wishing you all good fortune in their pursuit.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Prince of Fatness

I've had some down time during the past 3 years but it's more "old age" related than running injuries.
        My injury last year was from improper training. I used to think I had to hammer every run. So the goal for 2008 is to train smarter, run longer and slower. No more than one day of higher intensity a week. I am curious to see what this does to my race times.

Not at it at all. 

Young Gun

1.) Finish the McNaughton Park 150 2.) Sub-24 at Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 3.) Sub-24 Vermont 100 4.) Challenge a speed record in the Mountains 5.) Direct one hell of a race in November (newenglandultras.com)

www.HumanPotentialRunning.com

2008 Philly Trifecta

"I know this was a great year for you Dave, and you've wrapped it up with a great thread. Love the goals everybody, wishing you all good fortune in their pursuit.
            it sure was Bad Dawg! A plan that is not written down is only a dream! Looking forward to 2008! I can't take any credit for starting the post...I needed the motivation my own self! Wink Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
            2008 Philly Trifecta:
            10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
            Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
            Philly Marathon-11/23
            "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

New to RA....Hello all. Haven't been running much last 5 years due to back problems. 1) Run consistently thru the year, 1000 miles would be great. 2) Run Mt Washington in June. 3) Run fall half marathon to qualify for Pikes Peak in 2009.
              Favorite quote: Stop your crying you little girl! 2011: Mt Washington, Washington Trails, Peaks Island, Pikes Peak.
                Well, I guess it always helps motivation and accountability to get these things in writing...so here it goes: 1) Keep running...I know it sounds simple, but I want to log 500 miles this year. 2) A race every 4-6 weeks 3) At least 2 big events...MS150 ride in June and RTB in September(?) 4) Get my 5k below 25 min Some of these are tougher than others...here's to a good year for everyone. Matt
                  Last year I did my first Ironman so this year lack a bit of motivation but here goes: Run first full marathon (only did it as part of IM) Run HM sub 2:10 Run 10k sub 0:55 Actually my main goal is to beat my 62 year old mother in a race - any race. So far I still have to do that!
                    After an IT band injury 2 years ago, I scaled back my running. I hope to be able to increase my mileage this year. But, I'm also happy doing 5 milers. But, I wish I could do a 10 miler once in a while. I've been taking baby steps...

- Anya

Goals for 2008 1600m: 4:20 3200m: 9:20 5k: sub 15? 15k: sub 50
                      ajha

I want to run a race a month (got that goal from this site. I always do a lot of goals so let me list just a few main ones. Race in a new state Try races haven't run before First place in age group in a race Use a harder marathon training program and improve time (current - 4:23) ****Stay injury free!*** Improve pace at various race distances ajh

Renee the dog

*PR in the Ocean Drive 10 Miler on 3/30. I just gotta finish as I've never raced that length before Tongue *Not run weekends during the summer, as the tourist crowds make me nutty. So, I'm going to a 5 on/2 off schedule for 10 weeks. *Run another 1/2 marathon. I have no clue which one I'm going to sign up for...gotta figure that out. *Participate in 2 of my favorite local races: Cape May Point 5 miler, and Tim Kerr 7 Mile Run. *Push for a new PR in the I-Drive 5K (Orlando) in May. Might be tough as I set down a really good number for me in VA Beach in early Nov., and 5K length isn't my favorite. I think that's it. I run because it makes me smile. I race because it makes me smile more. Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

obsessor

To start off, I'll need some steady motivation, no injuries, a good diet, some sleep, and about 400 miles to accomplish this... mile - if I run one: 4:3X. 5k - 15:3X 10k - 32:XX Half - 72:XX Marathon - 2:27:XX If I run a road 50k, I suppose 3:10... maybe! I would consider it first a training run though, before I tried to rock that distance. If a 50 miler - I guess 5:30 on the road with the wind at my back. It's a thought. I won't run one if I think it'll be slower than 6:00. Right now, this seems impossible. I may venture a 100k, too. MAYBE. There's nothing for it but to try for a 7:10 or thereabouts. Currently, my 10k and Half-Marathon look a little weak in comparison to the other distances.
                              I've just decided to try to get to 1000 miles. This really doesn't seem too hard. I mean, 83 miles a month, which is appx 20 miles a week. This really seems doable. I only have one concern, we are driving cross crounty in June, to Alaska. This will take 2 months. I told my husband, I WILL be running. It will be a challange, since we will mainly be camping. There's that whole "bathing" thing, to consider. Our camper does not have a shower.. And then, there's the wild animals to consider. Hubby is bringing a rifle, and we will have a dirt bike... So, he can ride next to me while I'm on the trail, possibly... But, I like this new goal. It will help me loose these 6 lbs I've gained too, hopefully!

- Anya

!. Stay injury free 2. improve my "older age" 1600M PR (4:59) 3. Improve my "older age" 5K PR (17:19) In that order.
                                Runners around the state are getting better today ...are you one of them? TRAIN HARD