What are your goals for 2008? (Read 1948 times)

obiebyke

Y'all are amazing! Shocked Me, I just want to finish a 5k, in under 36:00. It'll be my first race. Blush

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Great question! 2008 Goals: Run the Beach to Beacon 10k in August without stopping. Run the Maine Coast Half Marathon in September (my first half). 8 Ball Run all winter in Maine without wimping out! Learn how to use the new Garmin DH will be giving me for Christmas (he let me know he was getting it so that I wouldn't ask anyone else to buy it for me, because he knew I was DETERMINED to get it, lol). Run more lightly - I clomp along quite heavily right now and can't seem to stop. Check out the RA forums regularly to learn as much as I can from all you wonderful runners!

Dog-Love

Hmmmm...Trishie and Mississippi, you guys have the same goals...maybe you should train together! Mine Sub 24 5K Sub 50 10K Sub 1:55:00 HM not to run a marathon in 2008 stay injury free net some salmon and fill my freezer....
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
        va

1:51:20 (8:30) Spring HM 1:44:52 (8:00) Fall HM
            njdave, we need to meet. We have almost identical goals: - Surpass 1000 miles - Broad Street Run in May (1:25 or better) - Boilermaker 15K in July (1:12 or better) - Philly Distance Run in Sept (1:59 or better) - Philly Marathon in November (the biggie - first one - goal is to finish)

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Wally & Leela

Been running and trying to build a base since June 2007. Have ran a few 5k's and one 5 mile race since then. My gaols for 2008 are: April 19th = Salt Lake City, UT. 1/2 Marathon(will be my 1st 1/2) Lose 10lbs Maybe try my luck at road cycling ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Other Races I plan to run during the year: March 8th = Canyonlands(Moab, UT.) 5 Mile race May 17th = Ogden, UT. 5K June 21st = Art Attack(SLC, UT) 5K July 4th = Kaysville, UT. 10K Sept 27th = University of Utah Young Alumni 5K

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. --Confucius

Hmmmm...Trishie and Mississippi, you guys have the same goals...maybe you should train together!
                We really do, Michele! That's funny!
                not to run a marathon in 2008
                Good luck w that one! Wink
                2009: BQ?
                  2007 was just such an amazing year. I started changing my life in July of 2006 and I went from an obese 275-pound woman to a runner, 115 pounds lighter. I even became a cross country coach! It would be hard to have a year with as many changes as 2007 had (in addition to weight loss, I completed a 10k, several 5ks, and a half marathon, and I hit my goal of a sub-30 5k). Here are my 2008 goals so far: *Run a marathon -- no time goal, just finish. *Run two half marathons (April 5 and August 31) -- no time goal for these yet. *Run a 10k under 1 hour. *Run a 5k under 25 minutes. *Lose approximately 15 more pounds.
                    2007 was just such an amazing year. I started changing my life in July of 2006 and I went from an obese 275-pound woman to a runner, 115 pounds lighter. I even became a cross country coach! It would be hard to have a year with as many changes as 2007 had (in addition to weight loss, I completed a 10k, several 5ks, and a half marathon, and I hit my goal of a sub-30 5k). Here are my 2008 goals so far: *Run a marathon -- no time goal, just finish. *Run two half marathons (April 5 and August 31) -- no time goal for these yet. *Run a 10k under 1 hour. *Run a 5k under 25 minutes. *Lose approximately 15 more pounds.
                    Wow, Lisa, I'd say it HAS been quite a year for you! Gratz on the many wonderful accomplishments! Even if 2008 doesn't have quite as many life changing events, you have some great goals!
                    2009: BQ?
                      2500-3000 miles Sub 3:44 marathon Sub 23:00 5k Sub 47:00 10K Sub 1:46 HM Basically I need to learn how to HTFU and actually race a race. My first Ultra (50k) July NJ Marathon in May Lehigh Marathon in Aug (maybe) Steamtown Marathon in October Monkey Marathon in November Most important STAY HEALTHY!!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Fantastic thread. Such a collection of accomplishments and goals for 2008. My sincere congratulations go out to all of you. As for me, I want to concentrate on 5k to 13.1 in 2008. I despise anything less than 10 miles but I want to get good at the short races. I've had great success in 2007 at all distances, winning my AD in 13 out of 18 races including a marathon. Aside from the other 2 marathons, 2nd is my worst finish. I want to move up to being a regional caliber contender in my AD (55-59) which will mean getting my 5k's under 20:00. 20:28 has been my best this year. I haven't ran a 10k all year. I did break a 10 year old half marathon PR by running a 1:35:19 at Marshall University on 11/04. I need to knuckle down to some high aerobic and speed work which I don't like .... but I want to do it. 2008 is my short race year.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

smc3720

Goal #1 is the run the Ogden Marathon in May in under 4:30 Plan to run the Salt Lake City half Marthon in April. I hope I can be ready I will be out of training for at least a month starting in January due to surgery on my shoulder. Goal #2 is to do a triathalon this year, most likely in October Goal #3 is to log 1000 miles. I'm close this year, only need 80 more miles.
                            Broad Street Run in May
                            Jeff...you can't have Broad Street as a goal, it's the same weekend as our New Jersey HM/Marathon adventure!!

Michelle

Run under 21 mins for 5k Run under 45 mins for 10k Run under 1hr45 for a half marathon Stay free of significant injury all year Run more than 1500 miles in total (during 2007 my goals were around 5k, half marathon and weight loss - in the end I took 1.55 off my 5k time, 9.30 off my half marathon time and lost approx 10kgs Big grin)
                              CherryDG

2007 was just such an amazing year. I started changing my life in July of 2006 and I went from an obese 275-pound woman to a runner, 115 pounds lighter. I even became a cross country coach!
                                That's fantastic! Congratulations! My 2008 goals: - Run the National Marathon in March; hopefully with a better time than my 1st marathon (4:22:19). - Run the Marine Corp Marathon in under 4:00 - Run a half-marathon in under 1:50 - and a non-running goal: be able to do a pull-up. I managed to do dips in 2007, so I figured I'd tackle pull-ups next year.