What are your goals for 2008? (Read 1948 times)

2007 was just such an amazing year. I started changing my life in July of 2006 and I went from an obese 275-pound woman to a runner, 115 pounds lighter. I even became a cross country coach!
    Congratulations! This is such an awesome accomplishment. Smile

Michelle

Great goals everryone! And what amazing success stories. My 2008 running goals: - Run my first marathon (St. Louis, April 6) - no time goal, just finish and love it - Run sub 2:00 half marathon - Run more consistently over the year - Log 1,000 miles over the year - Stay injury free - Meet some running buddies in my area

The voice of mile 18

a lot less drama in '08 would be a great start sub 20 5k sub 70 min for Broad St 10 miler a decent finish (anything where I don't puke) at quakerman mini tri any sort of finish at the American Zonifgen Du short course in Oct

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

2000 miles sub 45:00 10k sub 1:45 HM 2 Marathons (sub 4:00?) Stay healthy, injury-free, HAVE FUN!
            These goals are inspiring. 1500 miles in 2008 ( did 1000 this year) Run Tom King 1/2 Marathon on March 15 (1st 1/2) Run Chicago in Oct (1st full) Break 23:00 for 5k good luck to everyone and Have a great Holiday season.

Sandi Sue

net some salmon and fill my freezer.... Crabby, spoken like a true Alaskan. Big grin My 2008 goals: Do the Gold Nugget Tri in Anchorage under 1:29:00 Participate in more Juneau races. Run a HM in under 2 hours Log in at least 1,000 running miles Run smarter (Stay injury free) Bike more (maybe do 2 legs of the Kluane) Keep swimming I may have to stop working to accomplish all this stuff. I wish I could.

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

The Plodder

Looks like i am going to make the 1000miles this year, but..... 2008 2nd HM in March - aiming for sub 1:50 1000km Gonna vary training up a bit, make more use of my gym membership than just using ther treadmill!! lose 20lbs possibly try a running club? Except my one HM this year all of my miles are solo
                  Everyone seem so motivated. I only have two goals. 1. Stay motivated. 2. Run the Green Bay Marathon on May 18 in 3:10:59

Orion Goals: 5k 18:30 10K 38:00 Marathon 3:10

My racing/mileage goals will depend on where work takes me next summer/fall, but for now: 1) Sub 25 5K (current PR 25:49) 2) Sub 55 10K (current PR 55:51) 3) Sub 2 hr half (current PR 2:03:15) 4) Run over 1300 miles (just barely going to make 1000 this year) 5) Get down to 143 lbs (currently 152) 6) Learn to cook and eat healthier (currently not so much Tongue) Oh yeah and run my 1st marathon (goal to finish) in January. I keep forgetting this is an '08 goal since the bulk of the training has been this year.
                      Mine are to finish my 1,001 Miles fundraiser (http://www.1001miles.com) by the end of September, 2008 (365 days after I started) and then to take a couple of weeks off before, who knows, maybe start another fundraiser. If there is anyone who has a 1,000 mile/year goal for 2008 already who would like a bit of extra motivation and would like to do it for a children's cancer charity in their area, I would be happy to provide them with a website and assistance in managing it (free of charge, of course). This fundraiser has been such an amazing experience already (and I am only 200 miles into it); I can not recommend it enough. If interested, check out the "My 1,001 Miles" page on my fundraiser website: http://www.1001miles.com
                      Chris
                        2000 injury free miles Finish the races I register for. this year I bailed on a marathon due to injury Sad I hate that feeling. 3:35 or less marathon time 1:37 half marathon run a race...any race, with my dh. He's running again!!!! WOOT WOOT! Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

My big goals for 2008 are to complete my first marathon and finish a half-ironman triathlon. I'd like to log at least 500 miles of running.
                            2008 Goals -Run first HM (January 13th Phoenix) -St. Louis HM....April 6th -Lincoln, NE HM...May 4th and... CHICAGO FULL MARATHON...October 12th With all of this and training, hopefully I can log over 1250 for the year
                            keep running!

Slow-smooth-fast

sub 39 10K sub 18 5K 2000 miles Enter more races Get a driving license which will permit me to do more races.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Sweaty

Smile Hello everyone, my name is flower, and I live in venezuela, believe it or not , I have 34 years. I have 6 months running, and I have already 2 races of 10 k. When they started to run, I thought it was too late and old to do this, but I believe that age is a state of mind. And the more I run I feel better, now I´m addicted to running, how bad is that come with running injuries, but we must overcome the obstacles, my goal for 2008 is improve my time in 10 k and to be able to do half marathon I hope to recover from an injury in my leg to be able to make the race. Big grin I hope to have your support in this site and I wish you all achieve their goals, good luck to all, and GO Wink
                                I don´r suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single moment. L.L