What are your goals for 2008? (Read 1948 times)

Another Passion

2007 was just such an amazing year. I started changing my life in July of 2006 and I went from an obese 275-pound woman to a runner, 115 pounds lighter. I even became a cross country coach! It would be hard to have a year with as many changes as 2007 had (in addition to weight loss, I completed a 10k, several 5ks, and a half marathon, and I hit my goal of a sub-30 5k). Here are my 2008 goals so far: *Run a marathon -- no time goal, just finish. *Run two half marathons (April 5 and August 31) -- no time goal for these yet. *Run a 10k under 1 hour. *Run a 5k under 25 minutes. *Lose approximately 15 more pounds.
    Big grin That's so AWESOME, Lisa! Congratulations on the successes from your hard work and diligence. May it continue in 2008! Big grin As for me for '08: - Learn to stop eating when I am full Blush - Stay healthy - Complete the Glass City Marathon (Toledo, OH), April 13th, hopefully in a respectable time Confused - Run a sub 24 5k (25:03 current PR) - Run a sub 50 10k (54:34 current PR) - Complete either Detroit or Grand Rapids half marathons in the fall - Log 1000+ miles - Meet some awesome RAers at some races - Learn to stop eating when I am full (deja vu) Blush Did I say learn to stop eating when I am full yet? Big grin

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

To be more consistent.
        Meet some awesome RAers at some races
        That's one of my goals too! And thanks, everyone, for all the congratulations! This site has been part of the success I've had so far, certainly. I'm inspired by all the other runners here every day.
          I've been catching up on the posts. We certainly have a motivated bunch here and 2008 should be a banner year for one and all. LisaMDJ, you are a magazine success story if I ever saw one. Free lance authors often post on internet forums looking for success stories. I frequent numerous other forums and, with your permission, should I ever see one of those posts, I want to point them towards you. Successful Slimmimg Magazine did a story with photo shoot on me back in '97 because I lost a lot of weight on a cabbage soup diet and kept it off for 2 years. I've now kept it off for 13 years.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

LisaMDJ, you are a magazine success story if I ever saw one. Free lance authors often post on internet forums looking for success stories. I frequent numerous other forums and, with your permission, should I ever see one of those posts, I want to point them towards you.
            Thanks! Feel free to point them toward me. I get a lot of people telling me I should be in a magazine or something because of how much I've lost and how rare it is that people do it without surgery. The running thing makes it noteworthy, I guess, too. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of good "before" pictures because I avoided cameras like the plague when I was obese. I have one pretty hideous one that shocks people, though!
              * run at least 4 times a week * 2 or more 50k (or marathon length) trail runs - locations TBD based on travel costs * lose weight * yoga 1 per week, as schedule allows * strength train upper body
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                Finish first HM in March PR 5K <28:00 :o)>
                ~Sarah~ My 2008 Goals: Little Rock HM (just finish it :)) Nike Women's Half Marathon San Francisco 10/19/08 5k < 30:00>
                  Great post! I just put up a post on my blog the other day about this same subject (http://www.crzydjm.com/blog/2007/12/09/the-one-aboutmy-goal-for-2007/) If you don't want to go over there though, I'll just copy n paste what I said in the post... I’d like to break a 6:00 mile sometime in 2008 (I’m currently around 6:25-6:30 for my mile time) I’d like to do pushups/pullups/situps EVERYDAY in 2008 (trying to crunch some numbers to see how many I could actually pull off for 2008) I’d like to either run a full marathon, or possibly a sprint triathlon or something (I’m doing the Rock N Roll Half-Marathon in Phoenix in January) I want to stay active and reverse the “I don’t have time to work out” statement to something more along the lines of “I don’t have time to watch tv, I’ve got a *INSERT PHYSICAL ACTIVITY HERE* planned
                  "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                  stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

This is officially my first post. Hope you don't mind if I just jump in. Big grin My goals for 2008 are: -Continue to eat healthy and keep the weight I've lost off. -Run my first 10k on May 4 in Weott (Ave of the Giants) -Run a 5k at the end of May (date unknown) locally So far that's all I've got. I've just decided to jump into the race scene since I've only been running for about six months. I just want to finish a race right now. I'm excited! Yay me! Smile

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

evillee

My 08 goals are to complete the Philly trifecta - Broad Street (10 miles), Distance Run (HM), and Philly Marathon. Of course this would require for me to get off my ash and run.
                        Non-Running - goal 15 credit hours at IU Non-Running - goal buy a house. More consistent training Run my first marathon in June.
                        runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

Goals for 2008 Running: - run 2000 miles - 2 Marathons under 4:00:00 (April, Sept) Nonrunning - Start Masters in Teaching Science (fall)

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre

Gig

Run 1,000 miles Set PRs in all distances: marathon: 4:22:00 (10:00 pace) 10 miles: 1:30:00 (9:00 pace) 10K: 52:42 (8:30 pace) 5 miles: 42:30 (8:30 pace) 1 mile: 7:00 This year's goals were to run 1,000 miles and to run a 7 minute mile. I should make it to 1,000, but I fell very short in my 1-mile race in June. I was hoping to try again toward the end of this year, but I've got some healing to do (hammy, knee--I'm also making a resolution to be more cautious of those park benches that jump out in front of you) so I need to be smart about that. I hate being smart. Cool
                            Gig

Smile Hello everyone, my name is flower, and I live in venezuela, believe it or not , I have 34 years. I have 6 months running, and I have already 2 races of 10 k. When they started to run, I thought it was too late and old to do this, but I believe that age is a state of mind. And the more I run I feel better, now I´m addicted to running, how bad is that come with running injuries, but we must overcome the obstacles, my goal for 2008 is improve my time in 10 k and to be able to do half marathon I hope to recover from an injury in my leg to be able to make the race. Big grin I hope to have your support in this site and I wish you all achieve their goals, good luck to all, and GO Wink
                              Flower, you'll find nothing but support here. It's a fantastic group.

The voice of mile 18

My 08 goals are to complete the Philly trifecta - Broad Street (10 miles), Distance Run (HM), and Philly Marathon. Of course this would require for me to get off my ash and run.
                                where do you run at? I'm down the road from you in Southampton and will be doing at least 1 of those races next year

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy