What are your goals for 2008? (Read 1948 times)

Mishka-old log

Wow, there's some pretty awesome goals, and 2007 accomplishments, out there! My 2008 Goal: Whatever my legs give me without injury. 2007 taught me that I'm not the runner I was when I last took it seriously (2003). Gotta find a happy medium where I can get my fix (hopefully even run a marathon late in the year), but keep things from breaking down.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My goal is to get faster.
      BostonRnr

My goal is to run my first marathon (probably the Marine Corp in DC). After running for 10 years, I finally ran a few half marathons this year and was thrilled with my times. Now I'm ready (gulp) to go all the way like most of you crazy people on these message boards.
          I started running in March 2007, and got myself from 242 pounds to the mid 180s. So, my goal for this year is to maintain my weight, and complete a marathon sometime in 2008. I'm currently targetting the Napa Valley Marathon in March, but will wait see after a half marathon in January. The 1000 mile target seems like a good one too.

Member, Tangerine Meat Gloss Running Team

Another Passion

This is officially my first post. Hope you don't mind if I just jump in. Big grin My goals for 2008 are: -Continue to eat healthy and keep the weight I've lost off. -Run my first 10k on May 4 in Weott (Ave of the Giants) -Run a 5k at the end of May (date unknown) locally So far that's all I've got. I've just decided to jump into the race scene since I've only been running for about six months. I just want to finish a race right now. I'm excited! Yay me! Smile
            Welcome, Heather! Good luck in your training and with you racing goals in the coming year! Don't forget to post a report under "Racing" after completing your races. Wink

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Welcome, Heather! Good luck in your training and with you racing goals in the coming year! Don't forget to post a report under "Racing" after completing your races. Wink
              Thank you! I absolutely will remember to post my report. I'm really looking forward to it. Cool

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

Fitness Goals -Participate in a marathon (Fort Worth Cowtown) in February with hopes of running a 10min/mile or less -Prioritize running -Try to keep a consistent level of running 3 to 6 miles at least every other day under normal circumstances -Run 4 miles in under 32 minutes -Get involved with local social group that involves sport for fun

Vim

I can't believe that 2007 has come and gone! I haven't thought that much about goals yet. I broke the 3 hour barrier in the marathon this past fall after trying for about 18 months in betweek injuries. I think I'm going to take it a bit easier this year, maybe shoot for a sub 30 minute 5 miler and run a couple EASY marathons as a pacer. I'm already set to be a pacer at the NJ Marathon this spring.
                    My running goals for 2008 is to build a strong base and to run at least 5 times a week min.3 miles. Also to complete a 10 miler, 10k, and 5k. Also maybe a half as well. All depends on my training. I also want to lose about 15 or so lbs.
                      1. Remain injury free by running a solid majority of my miles under my MAF of 140 bpm 2. Build a solid aerobic base by running a solid majority of my miles under my MAF of 140 bpm 3. Lose the other 20 lbs that are still hanging around my midsection 4. Still be happy about my return to running on 31 December, 2008. 5. Break 2:00 in the 1/2 marathon (1st 1/2 was at 2:05) 6. Break 4:20 in the full marathon (1st full was at 4:59:47 and was a wall hitting disaster)

dork.major dork.

1. 1,000 miles - this might be a little low, but I've been having trouble being motivated to get out there since my HM in October Undecided 2. Maintain my weight, stay between 135 and 142. 3. Figure out the place that running has in my life and figure out a way to keep it fun, healthy, and challenging.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Figure out the place that running has in my life and figure out a way to keep it fun, healthy, and challenging.
                          GREAT way to word that... Wink
                          "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Dave

At least 100 miles per month each month At least 20 miles per week each week 1000 miles for the year total In a word, get more consistent and stick with it. 1 marathon 1 HM Army 10 miler Stay healthy.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

ScheriN

Hi all! I just joined and thought I would get started by sharing my 2008 goals. It always helps to write them down and share them with others Smile - Complete my first Century ride - Complete my first triathlon (looking at the sprint or olympic distance) - Run my first marathon (Napa in March) - Beat 1:35 for Half Marathon
                              Carl A

1. Reach and maintain a winter base of 60mi/week 2. Qualify for Boston in the spring (yes, I know this is a long shot) 3. RD another Viaduct Trail Ultra 4. Finish a 100 in the fall 5. See what state I can get to in a virtual trans-am

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.