What are your goals for 2008? (Read 1948 times)

VictorN

My goals... This is my third year of being a runner and triathlete. My goal is to be solidly under 5 hours in a half-iron. (Went 5:00:02 this summer) Have lots of fun, and perhaps run a sub 1:25 half marathon before I get too old. Victor
    TexasRose

Well, I've exceeded my goal of 1000 miles for this year by at least 400. I'm really not sure what to make my goal for '08 however, because I start my medical residency in late June. Jan '08-sub 4:45 Houston Marathon (previous time 5:41) Feb '08- Austin Half Jan-June- sub 30min 5k June-Dec- just try to keep running!
      celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Hello! New here (evacuee from coolrunning.com--was clvanacore on there), and relatively new to the sport. I finished C25K about 3 weeks ago. Thus, all my 2008 goals are basebuilding with only one race. My goals for 2008: 1. Finish OHR 2. Start HHST at approx. week 5 and finsh program 3. Train for and run my first 5K by August (anyone know of any good Philadelphia-area races for a newbie at that time??) 4. Get my mileage up to 15-20 mile weeks 5. Build my long run up to 1.5 hours 6. Begin training for a 2009 10K

Chris
        PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

vanessa40

Hi Everyone, Well i'm almost at my goal of 1600 miles for this year. I'm at 1577 as of today. Next year i want to run 1800 miles Vanessa Big grin
            My goal is to get faster.
            Trent ... we need a number. Without a number, progress isn't measurable. Wink

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

What a great list of goals. I love reading the comments. Joe Butler ... keep up the good work. Carl A., 60 mpw should get you a BQ with a well balanced training program. Here' wishing all of you success. Big grin

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

Good luck to everyone in meeting upcoming goals. In the coming year, I would like to run three marathons: Miami in Janaury, another in May/June, and Philly in November. I hope to run Miami in >3:25 and at least one of the other two >3:15, which would qualify me for Boston '09. Other than marathons, my main goal is to be injury free. Also, I'd like to go >20 for a 5K, but I won't specifically train for that. As far as total miles, I'm thinking 2000+ would be pretty cool.
                  1) Stay injury free 2) Run consistently, hopefully go over 1000 for the year 3) Break 20 in the 5K 4) Break 42 or so for in the 10K (depends on what I do in the 5K Smile)
                    Dustin - Running since May '07 Up Next: Base-building and beer-drinking over the winter. Favorite Beer: Newcastle
                    Dustin - great sig line. We should talk... Goals? Hmm, haven't thought of that. Let's try this 1) Stay healthy 2) BQ while running Boston (3:35) 3) Break 3:30 for marathon 4) Break 20:00 for 5K 5) 2100 miles for the year (hmm, maybe not -- this shouldn't be that important) 6) Volunteer at at least one race (didn't make this one for 2007) Lou

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dustin - great sig line. We should talk... Goals? Hmm, haven't thought of that. Let's try this 1) Stay healthy 2) BQ while running Boston (3:35) 3) Break 3:30 for marathon 4) Break 20:00 for 5K 5) 2100 miles for the year (hmm, maybe not -- this shouldn't be that important 6) Volunteer at at least one race (didn't make this one for 2007) Lou
                      Thanks, are you from CR? If so, you should join the "2k swamp" group, having expressed interest in beer. http://runningahead.com/groups/2000/
                        Thanks, are you from CR? If so, you should join the "2k swamp" group, having expressed interest in beer. http://runningahead.com/groups/2000/
                        Uh, the 2K swamp group doesn't want people who aren't from CR? Smile I'll check it out, thanks!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

lamerunner

1. Get healthy and stay healthy. Build more cross training into my regular routine. 2. Assuming I achieve 1., get my marathon back under 3:30, half close to 1:35 and 5k under 21. I have been running a long time with all my PRS way in the past, so now I have to figure out what is realistic...I will sign up for Boston once I am sure I can run regularly. 3. Run some different races, perhaps travel and visit folks and combine with a race. Keep it fun.
                            Volunteer at a race does sound like a good idea. I'll add that to my to do list as well.
                              1. Stay injury-free 2. Faithfully record time with my distances! 3. Run a sub 4:50:00 marathon 4. Run 1250 miles 5. PR in a half & 10K I am almost at 1000 miles for this year, and I annoyed because I got hit with a nasty stomach flu last month that left me having to make up a lot of miles in December.
                              2008 Goals
                            • Run 1250 miles
                            • Get down to 135!
                            • Break 5 hours in the NJ Marathon
                            • dougnl

1. work up to 10 mile runs 2. run some races (5k in May and June, 10 mile in July to start) 3. volunteer at a race 4. reach my goal weight 5. stay injury free