What are your goals for 2008? (Read 1948 times)

Due to nagging injuries after I ran Chicago, I did not make my 2007 goal of breaking 1000 miles. So, that's my goal again in 2008. Other 2008 goals are: - break 50 mins in a 10k - break 1hr 50 mins in a half marathon - crush my Chicago marathon time of 5:10 and run Dallas Whiterock marathon in 4:15 or less. Of course this all depends on whether my body will hold up. It probably won't.
    Mr R

Racing goals: 4 minutes in the 1500 15:30 in the 5k 1:11:30 in the half marathon 26:00 in the 8k Training goals: Be more disciplined about doing lots of strides and plyos every week. Get a BIG summer base (try to string together some consecutive weeks over 120). Run over 4000 miles for the year.

What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heart-rending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottoms of his training shoes. The Trial of Miles, Miles of Trials. How could they be expected to understand that? -John Parker

I'd like not to have a stress fracture in 2008. Would like to run at least one half marathon, and ING NYC Marathon. After that it's all gravy.
        I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
          I hope to PR at Boston this April 21st and run under 2:50. I will compete in my first triathlon by the end of summer (Olympic Distance) I hope to break my 10K PR (36:15) I would like to break my half-marathon PR and run sub 1:20.
            Good lard, MrRedfern is fast! Shocked Crabby & rvelich, we're pace bunnies for each other. (Sorry this list is long) Current PR............Wild-a$$ 2008 Goal Mile 7:17.................7:00 5K 24:34...............23:00 (made progress 1/1/08, to 24:06) 10K 51:27..............50:00 HM 1:56:28..........1:50:00**** Accomplished 1/13/08!****1:49:59 Mar 4:21:44.........4:00:00 (BQ for me!) An olympic or half triathlon this summer. Volunteer or officiate 3x Eugene Marathon 5/4, and a fall BQ marathon. Yes

Dog-Love

Good lard, MrRedfern is fast! Shocked Crabby & rvelich, we're pace bunnies for each other. :
              We definitely have the same 2008 goals...AND I wanted to run Edge to Edge marathon in 2007 but chose Bizz Johnson as an all trail marathon. AND we are both professors...marine biology??? Just askin' I just ran a 5K in 24:29 so I am thinking a sub 24 is in my 2008 goals!
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                1. 10k in May 2. 1/2 marathon in September, if the 10k goes ok. Other than that, I'm hoping for injury-free running and crosstraining for the rest of the year.
                  [hijack for Crabby] When I was little, my big dream was to be....an oceanographer! And I worked as a fisheries economist for NOAA for a while (where I brushed shoulders with real marine biologists!). I hope that counts -- I can has salmon? Big grin [hijack off]
                  Mr R

Well, goals are cheap. PRs...those are a little harder to come by (hence the 4000 mile goal).

What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heart-rending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottoms of his training shoes. The Trial of Miles, Miles of Trials. How could they be expected to understand that? -John Parker

1500 miles under 4:30 marathon Probably only did 500 miles this year while running 4 marathons. This year was a step back after a very successful first year of running.
                        My goals for 2008: 1. Stay healthy 2. Run a HM in Napa in July 3. Beat my times I posted for 2007 which has been an awesome year for me, knocking over 2 minutes off my 5K, 5 mins off my 5M and competed in two 10Ks (my goal for 07) with a pace faste rthan my previous 5K paces.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

SoCalBruce

1. To Start running again without pain in knee and hip 2. To run a series of local cross country races in July 3. Half Marathon in November This is all a slow build up. one depending on the other.
                            Great post. I hadn't started thinking about '08 yet. I did 2 marathons this year, Philly just a month ago. I've really cut back my running lately, but I suppose it's time to set some goals for '08!!! Bob

Master of Inconsistency

Goals for 08' sub 20 5k sub 35 5 miler sub 135 half marathon Run a full marathon & over 1500 miles this year None of these will be easy but you have to dream big right ! Greg Big grin

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

New Runner

I'm pretty new to running. So my goal is to just keep running.