What are your goals for 2008? (Read 1948 times)

Anyone have pizza?

1. Stay injury-free 2. Faithfully record time with my distances! 3. Run a sub 4:50:00 marathon 4. Run 1250 miles 5. PR in a half & 10K I am almost at 1000 miles for this year, and I annoyed because I got hit with a nasty stomach flu last month that left me having to make up a lot of miles in December.
    Renee you can do it. 4 days to do 14 miles. That's less than 4 miles a day when you do the math. Don't let anyone get in your way. Run them over. You live in Brooklyn. People run over everyone all the time over there. Oh wait. Hold on. That actually happens in Queens where I live. Nevermind... Go Renee!!!!!
      I have a little bit of a different goal. I am going to Maui in May and so my goal after already losing 40lbs last year is to be able to stand on the beach on my first day of vacation in my first ever bikini. I think I would cry!!! I need to SERIOUSLY up the crunches for the next 5 months. And the other goal is to run my first 10K, I dont even care what the time is, as long as it is less than 1hr20 mins.
      You will send pictures, won't you?
      I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
      runner7395

Well I don't have any yet but I guess it's time to make some. I ran 2 marathons this year including my very first trail marathon, man was that tough!!! I think that I am going to start doing trail races for sure, I really did enjoy getting off the roads for a change.

Outside Lane

My goal is to run my first marathon - Chicago in October. My younger brother has done it 5 times now. I have been running for about 5 years now (46 years young) - and I just quit smoking this past Oct (was a pack a day smoker for about 25 years) - it is now time for me to try that distance. I have done several 5Ks, several 8Ks (Shamrock Shuffle!) and one 10K - my longest run has been 11 miles. Now that I have my marathon goal - I hope to work my miles up to doing a half marathon sometime in the late Spring or early summer. I am a refugee from Coolrunning - looking for support and encouragement from this group! Smile Thanks!

See how they run...

Tenacious

Moving right along....

My only goal for 2008 is to finish the Flying Pig full in a decent time-----without a lot of pain from the achilles. Now why does that not seem possible to me right now???? J
            By failing to prepare, you are prepairing to fail. Benjamin Franklin
            juki

These are my running goals: - Run at least 3000 miles, preferably closer to 4000 - Stay injury-free and healthy - Run my spring marathon under 3:30 (and my fall marathon faster than that) - More hill work - Lose 12 lbs

Cause I CAN

Be able to run an 11 minute mile without having a heart attack Be able to run 5K in or under 30 minutes
                Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                http://terri7291.blogspot.com/

2008 Philly Trifecta

Nice name Dave ! Cool Where's your town? I'm in Brick Good thread too. Here goes- 1100 miles this year. Belmar 5 miler in less than 45:00. Manasquan Resevior 5 miler (hilly)in less than 46:00 If my body tells me over the winter that I can do it, the Jersey Shore Marathon in May.Under 4:30 for my first would be awesome.
                  Nice name, Joe Wink I'm south of you in Burlington Co... Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
                  2008 Philly Trifecta:
                  10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
                  Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
                  Philly Marathon-11/23
                  "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

Area Man

I want to qualify for Boston.

Another Passion

Crabby & rvelich, we're pace bunnies for each other.
                      Just don't embarrass me too badly with your PR times this coming year, Renee. Blush Although, I lost all sense of running dignity in my first 5K race a couple of years ago when I was beaten by a bow-legged, 65ish year old man that smokes. Roll eyes

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

1. Keep running Smile 2. Sub 30 5K please, please, please. 3. First 10 K in July 4. Run more miles in '08 which is >500 5. Start training for HM in '09

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Everyone's goals and achievements of past goals are beautiful and inspiring. I hope everyone meets and exceeds their goals for next year. This site is really something. I recently came from CR, where I never posted. Don't know why that was. But here, I can't tell you how much time I've spent reading people's profiles and logs. I bet I would like so many of you in real life. I also follow a fishing site (big fly angler) and it can be nasty. But that's not the case here. It's so positive and welcoming. My goals: (Bit about me first: running has been an off/on part of my life for a long time. Had been pretty consistent after I re-picked it up in my late 20s. Did a few marathons. Had some injuries. Moved. New job & job adjustment. Injury. Laze. Getting fat/out of shape. Basically, no running. Two years ago, wife declares, "Let's run Broad Street" -- a 10 miler in Philly -- [Let alone she NEVER ran it while we lived in Philly for years.] We ran it and largely kept running. This year, after BS #2, she says, "Let's do a marathon" [Again, let alone that she never previously expressed interest and, though she had some running background, had thought marathons were insane] so we trained and did Dublin, Irleland, in Oct. She did awesome and I qualified for Boston. It was my first marathon in 7+ years and after the major injury (snapped ACL & broken leg & torn/possibly torn meniscus) and job move, middle age oneset/laze. But, luck of the Irish, I beat my PR by @5 mins! Funny, I'd never really dreamed about Boston, but so many people were like, "Boston? You've got to run that if you qualified!" So I got infected. So, now my goals are: 1. Boston: A+ would be <3 hours;="" a=""></3><3:10; a-=""></3:10;>< 3:13ish (@ my dublin time) [this goal is subject to revision if the field is filled and i don't get in this year or the weather, as i hear it can be fickle.] 2. run at least 1,500 miles. i met my goal (set in oct., when i realized it was doable) for this year of 1,000 miles, so, with goal #3, better consistency, i think it's realistic. 4. some sort of ultramarathon. 5. be injury free. happy new year and best of luck and good health to all in 2008! 3:13ish="" (@="" my="" dublin="" time)="" [this="" goal="" is="" subject="" to="" revision="" if="" the="" field="" is="" filled="" and="" i="" don't="" get="" in="" this="" year="" or="" the="" weather,="" as="" i="" hear="" it="" can="" be="" fickle.]="" 2.="" run="" at="" least="" 1,500="" miles.="" i="" met="" my="" goal="" (set="" in="" oct.,="" when="" i="" realized="" it="" was="" doable)="" for="" this="" year="" of="" 1,000="" miles,="" so,="" with="" goal="" #3,="" better="" consistency,="" i="" think="" it's="" realistic.="" 4.="" some="" sort="" of="" ultramarathon.="" 5.="" be="" injury="" free.="" happy="" new="" year="" and="" best="" of="" luck="" and="" good="" health="" to="" all="" in="" 2008!=""></ 3:13ish (@ my dublin time) [this goal is subject to revision if the field is filled and i don't get in this year or the weather, as i hear it can be fickle.] 2. run at least 1,500 miles. i met my goal (set in oct., when i realized it was doable) for this year of 1,000 miles, so, with goal #3, better consistency, i think it's realistic. 4. some sort of ultramarathon. 5. be injury free. happy new year and best of luck and good health to all in 2008! >
                            no injuries! sub 16 minute 5K sub 45 minute 10K sub 1:20 half
                            mikeymike

no injuries! sub 16 minute 5K sub 45 minute 10K sub 1:20 half
                              One of these things is not like the others. Did you mean sub 35 minutes? I'd like to hit some of those this year too. Good luck!

Runners run

One of these things is not like the others. Did you mean sub 35 minutes? I'd like to hit some of those this year too. Good luck!
                                Oh, yes, thanks! I knew something was strange when I wrote 45...should be sub 35. You've logged some serious miles -- that's great.