Food Pr0n... (Read 809 times)

sugnim

Very nice! We do many of our dishes w/ veggies from our garden. Do you grow organically?

Yes.  Our chickens, fruit, & veggies are all organic.  They kind of all take care of each other, with the chickens fertilizing the plants & eating the bugs, and the plants providing some goodies for the chickens in terms of fallen fruit.  My neighbor, who is in his late 80's, swears that earthworms were introduced to MT in my backyard, and also that our soil is perfect for growing marijuana.  We do have a lot of earthworms, but I think he may have smoked a little too much marijuana in his day.  The only intoxicant in our garden is the aroma of the strawberries when the sun hits them in July.

Better I Leave

Very cool. We're planning on raising chickens this year ourselves. Our soil SUX...It's actually clay and full of rocks so we carted in topsoil for 1/2 our gardens. The other half, we're breaking the clay down w/ organic amendments, compost, crop rotation.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

2 pages of "pron" and no prawns.

Had paella w/shrimp & scallops last night.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yes.  Our chickens, fruit, & veggies are all organic.  They kind of all take care of each other, with the chickens fertilizing the plants & eating the bugs, and the plants providing some goodies for the chickens in terms of fallen fruit.  My neighbor, who is in his late 80's, swears that earthworms were introduced to MT in my backyard, and also that our soil is perfect for growing marijuana.  We do have a lot of earthworms, but I think he may have smoked a little too much marijuana in his day.  The only intoxicant in our garden is the aroma of the strawberries when the sun hits them in July.

I was gonna say, don't you live in Montana, and if so, the photo you posted was not taken today.

sugnim

I was gonna say, don't you live in Montana, and if so, the photo you posted was not taken today.

Nope, it wasn't taken today.  The fresh tomatoes give that away for sure.  I was just dreaming of spring & wishing for this voluptuous stuff.  I guess that's what makes it food pr0n, right?  (On the other hand, I could make a similar dish today of stored/preserved/frozen chicken, tomatoes, peppers, onions, beans, & potatoes, but I've got leftover 13 bean bison chili.)

#artbydmcbride

Shy

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Nope, it wasn't taken today.  The fresh tomatoes give that away for sure.  I was just dreaming of spring & wishing for this voluptuous stuff.  I guess that's what makes it food pr0n, right?  (On the other hand, I could make a similar dish today of stored/preserved/frozen chicken, tomatoes, peppers, onions, beans, & potatoes, but I've got leftover 13 bean bison chili.)

Heh, voluptuous food.

Better I Leave

OK...

It ain't shrimp, but it was damn tasty...

Grilled Rib Eye Steak accompanied by some tasty Crimini Mushrooms sauteed in garlic, onion, butter, sherry, alongside a mixed green salad w/ a zesty balsamic/red wine viniagrette.

---I typed "Food Pr0n" in the gooooogle to see what would come up, and I tell you, what came up was not food!

Well it was food in some of the pics, but the way it was being served...  hmmmm......

(All joking aside, those dishes you have up there look mighty tasty!)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

I would just like to say to PineGroveDave that after looking at this thread I would like to be a guest at your house for dinner.  I would prefer the last meal you posted but any will do. I'm not picky, they all look very delicious.

Don't believe everything you think. 

Better I Leave

I would just like to say to PineGroveDave that after looking at this thread I would like to be a guest at your house for dinner.  I would prefer the last meal you posted but any will do. I'm not picky, they all look very delicious.

**blush* Why thank you, and if'n you're ever out here on the West Coast, drop me a line and I'll certainly extend our hospitality to you and yours.

I'm thinking a nice Shrimp Risotto might be in the picture within the next few days...What do y'all think? **grin**

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Thanks, you're so kind.  I'm thinking you can have that shrimp but definitely post pictures I might like the sides.  Smile

**blush* Why thank you, and if'n you're ever out here on the West Coast, drop me a line and I'll certainly extend our hospitality to you and yours.

I'm thinking a nice Shrimp Risotto might be in the picture within the next few days...What do y'all think? **grin**

Don't believe everything you think. 

Better I Leave

Thanks, you're so kind.  I'm thinking you can have that shrimp but definitely post pictures I might like the sides.  Smile

No shrimp for you NC? That's cool, seafood isn't for everyone. While I was out shopping over lunch you think I could find any wild caught US shrimp? NO! DAMMIT!!! Everything at Raley's was farmed in India...and I ain't buying any seafood that isn't sustainable...**sigh**

Looks like I'll have to make a special trip to Safeway for my shrimp. Heh.

DoppleBock

I am on a diet and I am hungry - Leave me along ... DAVE!

I need to be < 200 by my B-Day

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Better I Leave

I am on a diet and I am hungry - Leave me along ... DAVE!

I need to be < 200 by my B-Day

Oh...Then you'll love my Chocolate Decadence Cheesecake. It's my own recipe...and it's low cal too...**evil grin**