Jones 10-miler in Amherst, MA tomorrow (Read 478 times)

mikeymike

Anyone running this? I was on the fence, then my potential carpool got sick and now I see THIS. I think I'm all set with driving 2 hours to run a hilly 10 miler in snow/rain. In February. I'm a little annoyed with USATF-NE for kicking off the GP series with a February race in Western MA. But whatevs. That jacket probably would have been too tight anyway.

Runners run

Think Whirled Peas

Runners run.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

uncontrollable

Yes I am! I too, was on the fence BUT I know come Spring, Summer, & Fall - when I will want to be doing the races that are closer (other than Rhody) I will wish I had just done the damn thing. I am doing 5-6 before the race to get my long run in. After suffering through this one & New Bedford - I can look forward to better weather & short drives! We'll see how it goes! O - nice weather report - GREAT!

peace

mikeymike

Have fun MissPratt, I'll join you at New Bedford. I'm a little torn still but...eh. Q, no fair using my line on me.

Runners run

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Run it. Minimal wind, and mostly snow. Running with snow falling is fun. Plus, it may be your last chance to frost your hair this year - don't blow it. And you won't be cold. Not at 30 degrees air temp, anyway.
              I will be volunteering at BayState this year, so the jacket was already down the tubes. Given that, the drive and likely weather I wimped out on this one, even though Greater Lowell would pay for it. So much for HTFU. Have fun Kelly (and mikey when you change your mind...), we'll pray to the weather gods for you.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Think Whirled Peas

Q, no fair using my line on me.
                No fair being a New Englander and using less-than-ideal weather as an excuse not to run. Just sayin'.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

mikeymike

No fair being a New Englander and using less-than-ideal weather as an excuse not to run.
                  Not driving 2 hours each way to race in Amherst is NOT the same thing as not running. Just sayin'. I already told my wife I'm not doing it. Tough to take that back...though I am having some remorse. Damn you all.

Runners run