Mike Huckabee gaining weight? (Read 2161 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Did anyone see him on The Daily Show? Looks like he's gained a lot of weight recently, I wonder if he's quit running? That whole thing about him losing all that weight and running the marathon was pretty inspiring.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Haven't seen him, but I am doing Little Rock in March, so I'll give you a status. <tangent>I got to meet the governor of Mississippi at Mississippi Blues. I remember him post-Katrina. He was way more leadership-y than that strange governor of Weeziana.</tangent>

lap

Well, this was a hot topic for a while during the Republican primaries. http://plutarch01.wordpress.com/2007/12/13/huckabees-weight-loss-scam/

Imminent Catastrophe

Possible, although it would kind of be contradicted if he gained weight again.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Did anyone see him on The Daily Show? Looks like he's gained a lot of weight recently, I wonder if he's quit running? That whole thing about him losing all that weight and running the marathon was pretty inspiring.
            People like Oprah ( and me ) who go up and down, gain weight very fast. Its horrible. I can gain 20 lbs in a few weeks. It's something I'll have to watch out for my entire life. Maybe he's just slipped. It's easy to get away from. I know how he feels. But, hey, it's better than cancer or something. So, we have to work harder. No big deal. He'll be really mad at himself once he tries to re group. I feel his pain!

- Anya

It definitely looked like he gained some on the daily show. I assume with the primaries, speaking engagements and writing that book his running or eating may have been off.
              You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here

Why is it sideways?

I don't know if he's gaining weight, but he's unfortunately not changing his intolerant view on marriage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R2MCscO9r0&feature=related Interesting discussion.

Hey, nice marmot!

I don't know if he's gaining weight, but he's unfortunately not changing his intolerant view on marriage.
                  He's intolerant of marriage? My god, that IS reactionary.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

Why is it sideways?

He's intolerant of marriage? My god, that IS reactionary.
                    Where did I say he was intolerant of marriage? He has an intolerant view of the meaning of marriage. He thinks its essence and purpose has nothing to do with love and commitment, but is instead tied to heterosexuality. It's really strange.

Run the race God set B4U

Haven't seen him, but I am doing Little Rock in March, so I'll give you a status.
                      I'm bad, but I'm from Arkansas and have not seen him.....Yea, i might get to meet the infamous SRLOPEZ???? I will be there too....just running the HM, I'll be in the back somewhere, you may be long gone.
                      5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
                      xor

You're running the half, I'm running the full. Long gone? I ain't that fast. Plus I think I'm staying over until Monday. So I should be around. I'll look for The Zimm.

Run the race God set B4U

I will definitely be on the lookout for you, how do you know they call me Zim? Actually Zim Zim Smile
                          xor

Just a guess based on the name of your myspace page that you posted in your RA profile.

Run the race God set B4U

Oh yeah, ok smarty pants Wink
                                He looks a lot bigger to me. When skinny, he kind of looks like Kevin Spacey.

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein