My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

Mr MattM

8 miles over hilly terrain at lunch today.  That's 7 days straight and the legs are good.  Forecast for tomorrow is sunny with a high of 72F... think I'll make it 8 days...

be curious; not judgmental

8 miles on the bike path today. Cloudy 68' wind 8-10mph.  Crushed my old PR again... The last 10 days have been AWESOME!!

(it was going to be an easy run but at the 1/2 way point  I was ahead of my pace so I gave it 110%)

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

About 1 mile during my 4 hour Shaolin Kempo belt test this morning, with lots of jumping jacks, blocking exercises, and Kung Fu forms thrown in at points during the run while we waited for stragglers to catch up.

2014 goals:

1. Run a minimum of 1.5 miles every single day of the year

2. Run 1500 miles in 2014

3. Get my weekly mileage above 40

4. Brown belt in Shaolin Kempo

5. First Half (Oregon Wine Country HM?)

6. PRs: Sub-21 5k, Sub-45 10k, Sub-45 Spartan Sprint, Sub 1:55 HM (Oregon Wine Country HM)

Mr MattM

About 1 mile during my 4 hour Shaolin Kempo belt test this morning, with lots of jumping jacks, blocking exercises, and Kung Fu forms thrown in at points during the run while we waited for stragglers to catch up.

Awesome.  Keep going!  I may need a Ninja-friend someday.  Big grin

I ran 7 today with 5 uptempo, then did a 4 mile hike through the woods near a local lake.  While working through a very narrow animal trail I happened upon a weird looking square white box hanging from a thick twine in a group of trees.  I moved closer to it and worked my way up the base of the tree... what I found was very interesting:

A weather instrument from a National Weather Service weather balloon.  The weather instrument is inside a styrofoam case... this both protects the batteries from cold temps at altitude, and also floats should it land in water.  I am going to let my Webelos Scout son follow the return instructions, and we'll probably include some info about where it was found and maybe include a pic of my boy holding it.

Definitely one of my more interesting 'finds'...

Awesome.  Keep going!  I may need a Ninja-friend someday.  Big grin

I ran 7 today with 5 uptempo, then did a 4 mile hike through the woods near a local lake.  While working through a very narrow animal trail I happened upon a weird looking square white box hanging from a thick twine in a group of trees.  I moved closer to it and worked my way up the base of the tree... what I found was very interesting:

A weather instrument from a National Weather Service weather balloon.  The weather instrument is inside a styrofoam case... this both protects the batteries from cold temps at altitude, and also floats should it land in water.  I am going to let my Webelos Scout son follow the return instructions, and we'll probably include some info about where it was found and maybe include a pic of my boy holding it.

Definitely one of my more interesting 'finds'...

Just let me know when - I'll be there! Wink

Awesome find on the weather instrument! It's always fun to see what you find when you get off the beaten paths... Smile

2014 goals:

1. Run a minimum of 1.5 miles every single day of the year

2. Run 1500 miles in 2014

3. Get my weekly mileage above 40

4. Brown belt in Shaolin Kempo

5. First Half (Oregon Wine Country HM?)

6. PRs: Sub-21 5k, Sub-45 10k, Sub-45 Spartan Sprint, Sub 1:55 HM (Oregon Wine Country HM)

The Cambridge CityRun 5-Miler in 42:39.2. I beat my 2012 time by more than eight minutesBig grin

Mr MattM

The Cambridge CityRun 5-Miler in 42:39.2. I beat my 2012 time by more than eight minutesBig grin

OUTSTANDING!  Congratulations!

I ran an easy 12 at the lake.

Did 10 miles today for my longer run.  Kept  a 7.51mile pace which left me with a new PR of 78:38.  My goal was to be under 80 minutes so was very happy today.  My past PR for 10 miles was 86:11 back in December 2012,  so I shattered that by almost a minute a mile.  Next Sunday will be 1/2 marathon day so lets hope these mile paces continue !!!

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Revenge of the Nerd

... what I found was very interesting:  A weather instrument from a National Weather Service weather balloon.  

Great find!  The "harmless" label is interesting.  Of course they want the device returned, but it also makes a statement about our mistrust of the federal government.  Out of curiosity, how far away from Topeka did you find it?

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

Tiefsa

I'm finally getting back into it for real.  I ran five miles for the first time since last fall.

Mostly harmless

Temps have jumped about 25 degrees in just a few days so the "easy" 10 yesterday felt like a lot more.  5 miles at recovery pace today.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

degregorius

3.49 miles at lunchtime today, or so says the Handy Runner app.  A tempo run with "hill repeats" i.e. sprinting up the ramp to the Sauganash trail, running to the next entrance ramp, running down, and then sprinting back up.  What ever rain was supposed to fall only fell in the morning, held off at lunch time, and I dunno, probably the heavens open up when its time to go.

http://www.yelp.com/map/sauganash-trail-chicago

It's a good trail for interval training, since it  has meter distance signs painted on i every 100 meters.  The trail is 1600 meters long.

Great runs, everyone.

I did 13.1 miles on the TM in 2:04:48 before work. I hate doing my LRs on the hamster wheel, but the weather forecast said that the chance of rain for that time was sixty percent:/

I did 5.6miles (9k) tonight at a "slower" pace.  It turned out to be my 2nd fastest for that distance except for the PR i set last week.  I am supposed to be relaxing as this is not speed training time.  I felt like I was running slower and I had more breath and everything but whatever.  I am running a half marathon on sunday so I wanted to be fresh.  If I don't figure a way to slow down I will be beat up come long run sunday grrrrr.  Any tips???

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

keeponrunning

Wet.  That's the only word I can think of.  Tongue

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022