2015 Sub-18 5k (Read 419 times)

Yes, good luck all.  My PR from 2013 is 18:00, for the notes. 

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

Count me in.  I rarely run 5ks but since I'm shooting for a <2:50 marathon in April, trying to get my 5k time down can only help right?   My best is 18:18.  The main problem is that I'd rather spend my weekends running longer races on trails so finding the motivation to sign up for a 5k isn't easy.  Time to suck it up.

MIRich

I'm in! Current PR from 2014 is 18:33. I'm also running Bayshore this year. 44yo for the notes.

The Phoenix has risen! Recovered from my injury, and kickin' serious asphalt once again!

count me in as well. I am trying to break 17 now but there is no sub 17 thread. ran 17:05 last weekend. Just did not quite have enough to finish it. Going to try again in 1 month.

Tweeeked

count me in as well. I am trying to break 17 now but there is no sub 17 thread. ran 17:05 last weekend. Just did not quite have enough to finish it. Going to try again in 1 month.

Then make one ! If my race equivalencies are correct, I should be around 17:30, so I'll hop over to that one once I officially break 18! I'm sure others will make the jump too!

2016 Goals:

• 5k: sub-16:30
            • 10k: sub-36
            • Half: sub-76
            • Full: 2:45 in Boston

Sub-17 thread.

Starts with MikeyMike's epic journey.

And we run because we like it
              Through the broad bright land

Perfect count me in. Age 38 and back running for the past couple of months. Not sure if I've broke 18mins before but my 8km pb is 28:48 from 2008 so that would probably be about sub 18mins pace. Ran 19:33 last weekend and hoping to go sub 19 before the end of March. sub 18mins then becomes my aim for the rest of the year

No significant running in last 5 - 6 years so want to get some good PB's in 5km/10km before my knee completely gives up on me !!!!!!!!!!

2015 Goals:

Sub 18 minute 5km

Sub 38 minute 10km

Break 1,000 miles for the year for the first time ever...

Stay healthy and keep focused

yond

34, never been sub 18.  Current pr 18:07

onefatchick

hahaha- A sub--18 at my age and gender, 57 and female,  puts me at 98% age-graded; equivalent to 14:41

A 22:03 would get me a 17:59 equivalent.  If I turn 58  (as planned in three months) a 22:18 will give me the 17:59 equivalent. I will make this a Goal I think I can meet --sub 22.  Sub-18 will never happen.

49 y/o.  Be 50 in July.  Ran 17:59 on New Year's Day 5K run.  Goal is to hit several sub - 18 min 5K's post-50.

Tweeeked

Update from me:

Ran 18:14 yesterday. I'm mid-marathon training and I've done no speedwork recently, so I think I'll be able to nail sub-18 fairly easily come May when I am done my marathon and have added more speedwork back to my training.

2016 Goals:

• 5k: sub-16:30
                        • 10k: sub-36
                        • Half: sub-76
                        • Full: 2:45 in Boston
                        Kcoates1223

I'm in for 2015. Joined last year but only ran one 5k. Planning on focusing on some shorter distances this year.  I'm 27, never broken 18, with a PR of 18:35.

Post High School PRs

5k - 18:35 10k - 40:07 Half Marathon - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:14:23

2015 Goals

5k - 18:32(HS PR) 10k - Sub 39 Half Marathon - Sub 1:30

In. I have it on good authority that this is my year.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

jpdeaux

hahaha- A sub--18 at my age and gender, 57 and female,  puts me at 98% age-graded; equivalent to 14:41

A 22:03 would get me a 17:59 equivalent.  If I turn 58  (as planned in three months) a 22:18 will give me the 17:59 equivalent. I will make this a Goal I think I can meet --sub 22.  Sub-18 will never happen.

I am dangerously close to agreeing with most of what onefastchick says here (I'm not quite the same age, but close, nor quite the gender). But, unfortunately for me, there is probably still a somewhat realistic hope of a sub-18. Only if I am willing to commit to a lot more work and effort than I am currently putting into speed, plus a little luck, prioritizing and focused training. So, not in for now, but will keep following you all. Ask me again in October.

In, current PR is 18:29

I ran a 18:55 time trial yesterday, that was difficult.