Eugene Marathon? (Read 330 times)

It will be my second race in as many weeks. I swear I would run every week if I could afford it. Anyone else out there running this one? Or has anyone ran it in the past and would like to pass some info on it to me. I will run where Pre and so many other greats have ran.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

Hi Boomer - I'll be running the Eugene Marathon this year. This is my first 26.2. I'm looking forward to the adventure! The race has a great reputation in town. Eugene isn't called Track Town USA for nuthin'

A Saucy Wench

I wish I was HM ready, I would drive down for it. Lots of people on the RunOregon group are doing either the full or the half

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

I ran the first two editions, but I won't be there this year. It is a mostly flat course, but they've changed it slightly this year... it will end where it starts at Hayward Field instead of Autzen Stadium like the first two years. Interesting choice because while the Stadium wasn't that interesting (you didn't get to run in it, just near it), at least it had parking. Well organized. I PRed there last year. Let me know if you have specific questions. Odd side note: the Nike store in Eugene is pretty crappy when it comes to running gear. I figured it would be much better. Nope.

Member Since 2008

"Odd side note: the Nike store in Eugene is pretty crappy when it comes to running gear. I figured it would be much better. Nope. " Dido, I was very disappointed also. The Eugene Running Company is much better. I will be running the Colorado Marathon on that day (If I can get through my achilles problem), but I will be dreaming of he Eugene Marathon and running on PRE's trail again.