Sophmore Highschooler racing times (Read 1093 times)

Terps2391

any good sophmore racing times out there?
      My best time as a sophomore was a 20:05 for a 5k
      Mishka-old log

Jordan Hasay...4:16 1500. Not too bad far a girl!
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Jordan Hasay...4:16 1500. Not too bad far a girl!
          Hell, not too bad for a guy either. My best 1600m time converts to a 4:19 1500m. I suddenly feel even older and slower. Hasay is amazing -- hope she doesn't burn out, b/c she's got some serious talent.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

My best time as a soph. was a 2:14 800m(half).

http://www.freewebs.com/run4life/RA/springChallenge.htm

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ah, sophomore year. Those were the days. My best times from 86-87 (back when MTV actually played music most of the time) 800m: 2:06 1600m: 4:45 3200m: 10:17 5k XC: 17:13

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

sheil2009

21:00

I am a risinig junior, and my last years PRs are in the sig. I am certain those 5k times are going to get waaaay better...i was injured most of xc season so I didn't really have a fair shot. We'll see this year!
                Mishka-old log

Injured most of sophmore year and only managed a PR in the 400...off of 6 weeks of running and 3 months of turning myself inside out on a daily basis on a Schwinn Airdyne. 400: 50.3 800: 2:01 (freshman) 1600: 4:49 (freshman) 5k XC: 17:54 (freshman)

Why is it sideways?

Mine were very similar to the other Jeff's and to Mishkas: 800m: 2:02 1600m: 4:40 3200m: 10:11 3 mile XC: 16:10
                    mikeymike

Mishka, I know we've covered this before, but you had wheels dude. I think 75% of your freshman PR's are better than my overall highschool PR's. Still, I find your and the Jeffs' ability to recall early high school times a bit disconcerting.

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Mishka, I know we've covered this before, but you had wheels dude. I think 75% of your freshman PR's are better than my overall highschool PR's.
                        Yeah, and that sophomore year time of 50.3 in the 400 Shockedis a dead giveaway of the speed to come.
                        Still, I find your and the Jeffs' ability to recall early high school times a bit disconcerting.
                        Maybe it's because high school was my formative time for running, but I can remember a lot of my race times from high school, not just the year-to-year PRs. Not only that, but in many cases, I can remember splits. It's all very vivid to me in a way that my years of drifting in and out of running since my last real strong period (Jeff 2.0 circa 1995) are not. I mean, take this for example. I can't remember the last road race I ran, but I think it was in 2000. Or was it '99? But on the other hand, I ran 4:49 at the Owosso-Swartz Creek-Grand Blanc triangular meet my sophomore year, but I was passed in the last 100m by Brent Elford of Grand Blanc (who happened to be the nephew of our HS principal). I have details lodged away from high school races like you wouldn't believe. This, of course, does me absolutely no good when looking for my car keys or remembering what my wife asked me to pick up on the way home.

Mishka-old log

OK, you had me feeling like a freak for a second there Mikey...that is, until Jeff out-freaked me with his wicked-selective memory. I can recall almost all of my year-end PRs in every distance from 100m to the Marathon. I don't recall many intra-year PRs, just where I stood at the end of each year. All in all, I had 28 instances of year-end progressions over the prior year (including events run for the first time). I remember 25 of them off the top of my head down to the 100th of a second!

Why is it sideways?

Still, I find your and the Jeffs' ability to recall early high school times a bit disconcerting.
                            Glory days. Roll eyes
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Glory days. Roll eyes
                              Yup. Pass you by in the wink of a young girl's eye...

Mishka-old log

Yup. Pass you by in the wink of a young girls' eye...
                                That's what he says? Man, I was way off!