When compression shorts don't, well, compress enough (Read 1072 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Well, this thread should be fun, huh?  Get your material ready...

I've always worn Nike 2-in-1 shorts (compression liner under outer shorts) and have liked them, but the last pair I got don't seem to be quite snug enough where they need to be.  Any suggestions for more comfort on longer runs?  Jock strap?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Prince of Fatness

Just get the shorts with the liner and be done with it.  Free yourself.  Let the boys breathe.

Not at it at all. 

theyapper

On the road again...

I think that's the problem, though.  Maybe too much freedom causes too much motion and too much chafing?

Paul

Prince of Fatness

I'll get a little chafing on the inner thighs, especially when I am running long.  A little Body Glide takes care of that.  Compression shorts are alright in the cooler months but when it's warm out the shorts with the liner are the way to go.

Not at it at all. 

#artbydmcbride

Maybe you've gotten thinner, go to the next smaller size shorts?

Runners run

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Well, this thread should be fun, huh?  Get your material ready...

I've always worn Nike 2-in-1 shorts (compression liner under outer shorts) and have liked them, but the last pair I got don't seem to be quite snug enough where they need to be.  Any suggestions for more comfort on longer runs?  Jock strap?

I like the ones asiscs makes.  They are really good.  Can use them for running or swimming.  I don't like the liner thing.  Feels to girly but I am also a tommy hilfger sports boxer underwear guy.  My boys like to be snug and hugged.

http://www.kellysrunningwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/affiliate/krw/product.jsp?baseProdKey=KYTGM1229&fromClearance=true&utm_source=nextag&utm_medium=CSE&utm_term=204-TGM1229&sc=KX190016

2011 Goals:
                Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
                I think that's the problem, though.  Maybe too much freedom causes too much motion and too much chafing?

I think chafing comes from the inner thighs rubbing together, not your manbits getting caught up in the mix. Your boys would have to be hanging pretty low for that and I think you would notice a smashing and mangling of the twins well before chafing.

theyapper

On the road again...

I think chafing comes from the inner thighs rubbing together, not your manbits getting caught up in the mix. Your boys would have to be hanging pretty low for that and I think you would notice a smashing and mangling of the twins well before chafing.

I agree, but sometimes on the really long runs I get very uncomfortable just below the place where the guys hang out.  Chafing may not be the right word, but something doesn't feel good.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Maybe you've gotten thinner, go to the next smaller size shorts?

That might be the issue.  I did order the same size as last time, but I've dropped a bit since then.  The inner compression layer is definitely not as tight as it seemed before.

Paul

Target- Champion C-9's

not compression shorts, but work great  ( and are cheap)

Ahem.....never mind.

Prince of Fatness

I saw that.  Heh.

Not at it at all. 

Dang!
                            DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I saw it too

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

theyapper

On the road again...

I didn't, but I bet it was good.    

Paul