Miracle on Ice (Read 532 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

The movie was on ABC tonight. Damn. Goosebumps.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

The Disney version or the documentary? Either way the Disney version is better.

My legs are killing me

They are both great. I think that anyone who witnessed that event would have a hard time finding anything that could top it. Really a great moment in American sports.
          They are both great. I think that anyone who witnessed that event would have a hard time finding anything that could top it. Really a great moment in American sports.
          Uh, yeah, for me, not so much... Wink
          Timbodeener

The movie was on ABC tonight. Damn. Goosebumps.
            Kurt Russell gave a great portrayel of the late Herb Brooks in that movie....I bought it on DVD and have seen it many times. That olympics sparked my interest in hockey and I've loved it ever since. On a side note...I reffed a "Celebrity" hockey game consisting of some former Pittsburgh Penguins and other Pittsburgh area celebrities against a local team here where I live shortly after that movie came out. One of the players on the celebrity team was Craig Patrick (Herb Brooks assistant coach in 1980). I stopped Craig during the warmups before the game started and told him that I just saw that movie and that I wondered why the actor that played him looked nothing like him (I was sort of joking about it really...). Craig just sort of looked at me funny then skated away without saying anything back....kind of an awkward moment for me. I got him back later in the game though and called a "phantom penaltly" on him ;>)

Imminent Catastrophe

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016