Garmin Forerunner Integration completed (Read 3794 times)

eric :)

I figured it out Eric. There was some data off my wife's 405 that had been sitting in the "pending uploads" folder for Garmin Connect for months. So RA was not actually connecting to my wife's Garmin, but since the workouts had been imported but never sent anywhere, your GPS import feature must have seen them as coming from a connected device. Or something. Either way (and more importantly) it works! Thanks for your help. Big grin
    Oh good! I don't have to add the dropdown just yet. If your wife uses the site too, RA should be able to distinguish between the two GPSes.

If you're gonna run tomorrow Eric, you better get your beauty sleep.
      Heh! Maybe I can actually go back to running now that this is done Big grin You coming tomorrow or do you need to be invited first? Consider yourself invited. See you tomorrow.
        Eric, First off, let me say this GPS import is great. I have a question regarding modifications of entries after upload. I typically record one lap on my Garmin 305 which is my cool down during which I am doing some walking or jogging. I have no interest in logging this data to my Running Ahead log. I was able to delete the interval that represented the cool down section of my run, but I notice that the 'Pace' and 'Elevation' graphs still include the cooldown. Is there anyway to remove a given interval also from the graphs? Just wondering really... If it is not possible, I will just do a reset on my Garmin before the cooldown so it is a separate workout. Thanks, Ryan

Ryan

Former runner

I figured it out Eric. There was some data off my wife's 405 that had been sitting in the "pending uploads" folder for Garmin Connect for months. So RA was not actually connecting to my wife's Garmin, but since the workouts had been imported but never sent anywhere, your GPS import feature must have seen them as coming from a connected device. Or something. Either way (and more importantly) it works! Thanks for your help. Big grin
          I noticed that when I imported the data from my 405 it pulled in the last 16 workouts. I only had 4 on the watch so I checked the directory where it stores the .tcx files when the ant agent imports them and found 16 files. I updated the Garmin software a couple weeks ago and noticed that it stopped deleting these temporary files so I'll have to check the settings to see if there is an option to only keep the recent workouts. When I originally set it up it would delete the previous workouts Here's the default location where Garmin Ant Agent saves the files when it retrieves them from the watch. C : \ Documents and Settings\< user="" />\Application Data\GARMIN\Devices\< id="" number="" />\History The user and ID number will be unique to each computer. So essentially it appears that the Communicator plugin for the 405 only pulls the .tcx files from this directory instead of directly from the watch which could explain why you would see the 405 showing up in the list even when its not connected. MTA: Hope you have plenty of storage on the server for all these maps we'll be uploading. Wink I'll be clicking that donate button Big grin

Ross

Eric, First off, let me say this GPS import is great. I have a question regarding modifications of entries after upload. I typically record one lap on my Garmin 305 which is my cool down during which I am doing some walking or jogging. I have no interest in logging this data to my Running Ahead log. I was able to delete the interval that represented the cool down section of my run, but I notice that the 'Pace' and 'Elevation' graphs still include the cooldown. Is there anyway to remove a given interval also from the graphs? Just wondering really... If it is not possible, I will just do a reset on my Garmin before the cooldown so it is a separate workout. Thanks, Ryan
            Ryan, The data extracted from the GPS is independent from the workout's summary page. In a future release, you will be able to modify the data and store them as separate workouts.
              Super! Thanks Shocked Big grin
              isentora

Thank you - this is great! Smile
                han_lilac

Hey, Any more hintts on how to get the graphs to appear? Also the maps are being a bit temperamental. Many thanks Big grin
                    So you uploaded using gps, and you went there like this...? http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v220/Maj2004/?action=view¤t=Sssss.jpg
                    2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.
                      Hey Eric I have been trying to email you via the Feedback link. My message is constantly returned as undeliverable. Any suggestions? Anyway here is the email, I posted it earlier here but it kinda slipped through the cracks I guess. Thanks Eric. I downloaded my info from my Garmin 201. Next I was told to save the info before it would appear on my page. While looking for the save button the screen did a “hic-cup” and the info was gone. Unfortunately since I saw the info from the Garmin I deleted the history from it …Suggestions?
                      "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
                      kcam

Ryan - that is a clever avatar. Made me laugh!
                          Eric, The Garmin GPS import ROCKS! Very, very cool! Thanks, Mark
                          dillydoodles

{{{{{{{ eric }}}}}}} This is sooooooooooo cool (and so are you). Thank you VERY much. I'm really glad I ran outdoors today instead of on the treadmill. It was a wonderful surprise when I logged in to RA to log my run and found I could upload my workout from my Garmin. This just may cause me to think twice the next time the weather is crappy and I feel like jumping on the treadmill. Wink I LOVE being able to import my data right to my log. Merci beaucoup! You are THE BEST!!!

Marathonmanleto

Eric, you did it! very impressive. I asked you for it over two years and many miles ago. Thank you very much for your persistant and diligent effort. We are better for it. Thanks to you. Definitely hooking you up after this one!!Big grin
                                I'm not impressed you did it. I'm AMAZED you did it so well.... The upload is insanely quicker and easier than anything out there. Wow.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.