It's official! (Read 685 times)

Run the race God set B4U

I just received my confirmation number for packet pick up along with my race# for the Little Rock Marathon....I'm doing my first HM....for some reason I suddenly got very nervous and excited too Smile 2 weeks from tomorrow Shocked
    5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)

Imminent Catastrophe

That's a great feeling, isn't it!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Best Present Ever

I just received my confirmation number for packet pick up along with my race# for the Little Rock Marathon....I'm doing my first HM....for some reason I suddenly got very nervous and excited too Smile 2 weeks from tomorrow Shocked
        have fun!
          Excellent ---- Have GREAT time and fun run. Big grin I am also running a Half Marathon in two weeks (on Mar 15) --- so I know how you are feeling right now... I feel very ill prepared.......but hopeful....Shocked

Champions are made when no one is watching

Run the race God set B4U

Congrats John, I feel unprepared too, I know I will have a good time, but I don't see any record times or anything. Good luck to you Smile
              Congrats John, I feel unprepared too, I know I will have a good time, but I don't see any record times or anything. Good luck to you Smile
              Same here --- I'm pretty sure that about all I will be doing is establishing a 13.1 PR that ought to be pretty easy for me to beat in the fall.... But its a great race (New Bedford, MA - Half Marathon) ...about 2,000 runners and very well done (or at least so I hear)..... Good luck up you too -- and don't forget to post your time and file a race report....Ill be looking forward to seeing how you do....

Run the race God set B4U

Yea, I read the race reports here and I'm impressed. Hey i will just be glad to say I finished, so don't be getting your hopes up about something fantastic Big grin I know i will have a great time and i do have a goal so we will see...I'm looking forward to see how you do as well Wink
                  The code word for an unprepared race is tactical. Just say you're running tactically and you're safe. But good luck. You're doing great.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Run the race God set B4U

Awwww...the always famous Lank replies...Thank you Smile
                      Deep inside and kind of secretly, I have an underlying goal of 1:59:59 - or in other words to break 2 hours, and am very close (or at least if you take my last 5K time and plug it into a pace calculator my 1/2 M time comes out at 2:01 and a few seconds.......if those pace calculators are correct, the conditions are good and I feel really good and run just right, I can see how my goal of breaking 2HRS is possible........ On the other hand this is my first long race since becoming a 'Born again Runner' so I'm not really sure how I will react to the longer race....and weather along the ocean can really be bad...windy and cold......so there are plenty of factors that can keep me from making my 1:59:59... To be honest, I'm just looking for a finish this time.........and what ever time I have, I will be happy with....

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good luck, Tina and John! You guys will do awesome. Have fun!

Oh Mighty Wing

YEAH TINA!!!! Big grin

Run the race God set B4U

Thanks, but why is reading this post making me more nervous? I guess I'm outed now and know I have to do it...no turning back. I'm excited though, I really am. John- your time goal is awesome Smile
                            Ojo

You'll do great Tina! Good luck!

Sara

MM #2929

xor

I asked for #200 because it will (hopefully) be my 200th marathon/ultra. RD said she'd try, but they had a new system for assigning numbers. I offered a bribe of beer. My book came today, and I got the you-must-print-it email. I'm #221. Confused (numbering sequences are handled differently by different races. Sometimes by order of entry. Sometimes alphabetically. Sometimes weirder. Sometimes they reserve low numbers for elites and vips, sometimes they don't. But the number I got is suspiciously close-but-different to the one I asked for) Is ok. Just curious.